Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LS6+Becker headers+Corsa=SEX! *video*

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 08:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Default LS6+Becker headers+Corsa=SEX! *video*

So not too long ago I found these knock-off long tubes I never heard of. Obx are knock-off of Kooks and these are supposedly knock-offs of obx/maximizer.They were on sale and I didnt have high expectations..I also didnt want to go with the super cheap chinese ebay specials though many of you seem the like them.

When they arrived..i actually was impressed on the quality.Not just cause the welds looks decent on the primaries..but the flange and tubing looked thick walled quality material and the coating/paint seem upto the task.I bought header wrap and did a botch job with these but its better than nothing.

My car itself is an 05 V Ls6. It already had a Corsa exhaust and I had the resonators deleted.I liked the sound but it just didnt give much presence unless i stood on the loud pedal

I had a local shop and good friend of mine do the install which turned out to be good and bad times.The issues were the stock manifiold bolts that broke flush with the head.2 per side had to be extracted using a few tricks.Then came time for checking fitment.This was the biggest pain of the install.The steering shaft..on my car hit the headers and needed easily 1/4inch to clear.A few good rounds with the bfh and it was time to hear the bald eagles fly.

Watch the video and hear the before and after clips.Id receomment the becker headers for sure.Friday Ill update if my current tune picks up any power on the dyno and just how much leaner things got.Enjoy the show

Old 11-15-2017, 08:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds great man! I think that 99% of the people with headers had to dent the driver's side to get them to fit, I know I did with B&B. Enjoy!
Old 11-15-2017, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

Funny cause more than half the people on the FB page said they didn't have to dent the headers lol. But regardless I love the angry growl it has now.On and off the throttle or downshifting sounds vicious. Curious to see if it makes much difference in power on the dyno.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Like every other LS motor, they love headers. You can expect 30-40 more at the tire from headers, cold air, and tune. You won't feel the benefit until you tune it. Of course without a before dyno, you won't know for sure, but these cars routinely put down 330s stock and 370-380 with headers, CAI, and tune on a DJ. Not reinventing the wheel here. Kooks are the only ones routinely escaping the BFH to the primary. Sounds awesome but am I hearing an exhaust leak outisde after or is that my imagination?
Old 11-15-2017, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

My car already has a tune with a cai making 350whp/346tq.There was a small leak after which got fixed after I heat cycled the exhaust a few times. Once its retuned that will round out my mods for now and then moving onto replacing bushings etc..and a short shifter.

Quick Reply: LS6+Becker headers+Corsa=SEX! *video*