Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Spec clutch

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec clutch

Hello to everyone new to the page and have a couple of questions i have a 05 cts-v i just installed a spec stage 1 clutch and flywheel also came with a 0.800 spacer i used an autozone slave for the life time warranty but it snaped in half and i ordered a centric slave from rockauto parts and it also poped the ring that holds the spring email spec and they told me any stock one should work. any suggestions on what to do or what could be wrong? Also what slave should i use
Old 11-23-2017, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throw the spec in the trash
Old 11-23-2017, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know much about that clutch, but if the same part numbers fit a C6 corvette (without the spacer), then you can probably run a corvette slave cylinder. Your best bet is going to be to contact spec to confirm. Our stock slave cylinders were designed with a shorter depth to account for the dual mass flywheel's extra depth from two flywheel plates mated together with a sprung interface. When you replace the DM flywheel with a single piece, that's where the spacer comes in. Rather than messing with spacers, it's often best to replace the whole slave with a part directly compatible with the clutch/SM flywheel setup in a T56.

I would only go OEM quality on a part as difficult to get to as the slave cylinder. It's generally a good practice to replace them at the same time you replace the clutch if they have been in use anywhere near 100k, hense my suggestion to replace it altogether.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just pulled a Spec clutch out of the 05 I just picked up. I think the slave failed and the previous owner continued to drive it for a month and killed it. I went with a Monster stage 2 and could not be happier with the way the car drives. I opted to go through Tick Performance and picked up their slave line as well as the slave that does not need the shim.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
I don't know much about that clutch, but if the same part numbers fit a C6 corvette (without the spacer), then you can probably run a corvette slave cylinder. Your best bet is going to be to contact spec to confirm. Our stock slave cylinders were designed with a shorter depth to account for the dual mass flywheel's extra depth from two flywheel plates mated together with a sprung interface. When you replace the DM flywheel with a single piece, that's where the spacer comes in. Rather than messing with spacers, it's often best to replace the whole slave with a part directly compatible with the clutch/SM flywheel setup in a T56.

I would only go OEM quality on a part as difficult to get to as the slave cylinder. It's generally a good practice to replace them at the same time you replace the clutch if they have been in use anywhere near 100k, hense my suggestion to replace it altogether.

I run the centric slave and master in my car with the ACT T1S-G02 twin disc and it's awesome.

Centric is the same, same markings, same seals, same construction etc and produced in the same place that makes the oem. Buy one and you will see, it's not any better or worse than oem.

Measure the spacing and see where that takes you first. Then follow the path to diagnose it, then decide to kill it, or keep it.

-Byron
Old 03-06-2018, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the info on centric.

Quick Reply: Spec clutch