Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Wierd anti-theft problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wierd anti-theft problem

I'm having a weird anti-theft problem with my car. I unlock the driver-side door, with key or fob, open the door, and the interior chime beeps. No power to dash, if I insert the key nothing happens. No anti-theft messages or any signs. Just an interior chime. Nothing happens If I try and make the alarm go off with the panic button. Battery is good. Any help would be great.
Old 11-29-2017, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Step one verify car battery is fully charged.
step two check all fuses and relays.
Step three make sure your grounds are all good per the grounding instruction sticky.
Step four test body control module.
Maybe flash ecm too.
You have multiple systems not working but depending how some of those circuits are wired they might rely on others to be functional. That should be a starter for ya.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:48 PM
Teching In

Voodoochikin, Do you have a link to the grounding instruction sticky? I cannot find it via search. Also, I don't think it's an alarm issue, because the third time this happen was when I was driving, and most of the car went dark. I thinks it's a weak relay, but I haven't located it yet. Grounds are my next route. Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It's been years since I came across it. I thought it was stickied to the top of the forum.. I'd search for ground fix. Or something like that. Hopefully someone who knows what thread I'm talking about will chime in.
Old 12-30-2017, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Just to close this loop, the main fuse box partially overheated. The connections to the rear fuse boxes were still ok but everything else powered by the mason fuse box lost power. An additional subwoofer amp was connected to the main fuse box battery connection and pulled too much current.

Quick Reply: Wierd anti-theft problem