Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Having a problem... I'm good but not this good.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 02:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the rattle sound -What about the little crossmember/bracket that is about halfway between diff and trans. It's a lightweight bracket, don't know it's real purpose. After I installed my china headers (knockoff pacesetters I believe), my corsa exhaust would bottom out/touch that spot and make a rattle at certain rpms and loads. I think my sounds lasted a bit longer than your quick snap..but maybe? Bending the hangers so the system had some play stopped that.
This too. I removed the brace...
Old 05-24-2018, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok finally got around to weeding out some stuff. I've changed all the plugs. All the plugs look the same. Normal. They were tr5ix's. I replaced and gapped the new ones tr6s at .35. seemed to help but not fix. I tried cleaning my maf sensor. That didn't do jack. Was hopeful. But didn't work. I'm at my wit's end. Maybe some of you pros can point me in the right direction. I gotta have this fixed before July 15. It's very important. And I don't have the money to throw around. Getting married.... Im going to try and attach my pics of the live data from my obd2
Old 05-24-2018, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

Keep in mind I'm not throwing any codes.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:09 PM
Teching In

I would have your hp tuner friend go for a ride with you and create a log file while it happens. Then post your log file to the PCM tuning group. There's some pretty smart fellas over there.

The rich smell, popping and rattling sounds like there could be an extreme rich condition.. maybe one of your o2 sensors is getting stuck. Your posted stft doesn't look like it, but seeing a good log of all the parameters when it happens will go a long way towards helping

I'm no expert..far from it.. but I do have hp tuners and could look at the log too
​​​​​​
Old 05-25-2018, 05:22 PM
Teching In

Looking at your pics.. b1s1 o2 sensor seems off. I thought a normal swing is between .1 and .9?

Maybe try swapping and see what happens.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/1841318-o2-sensor-readings-ok.html has a bit of explanation

Last edited by dmistretta; 05-25-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2018, 03:40 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys for all your input. Finally had a chance to look into it. I did a water soap test on the each of the header tubes. Driver side burn off almost instantly between the 4.... Passenger side all 4 tubes way slower but equally comparison between all 4 on passenger side.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you post your tune and a log of your car running. Sounds like your tune is not right.