What bugs you about your V1? - Page 2 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What bugs you about your V1?

Old 05-15-2018, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Squeaky Armrest
Old 05-15-2018, 01:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thatís a good one. I hate that too
Old 05-15-2018, 05:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kra86 View Post
Fight your foot and fix the whole soft rubber bushing thing in the chassis. The car was truly made for the Cadillac name and not the power that was given. Two great companies make entire bushing sets for the chassis. RevShift and Creative-Steel.
What would I gain by changing these out? How much work would it take?
Old 05-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Lack of Bluetooth phone integration.

do you think there is enough demand for a run of Galaxy 5000 units?
Old 05-16-2018, 05:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by westwopper View Post
Lack of Bluetooth phone integration.

do you think there is enough demand for a run of Galaxy 5000 units?
Bluestar is still out there
Old 05-16-2018, 07:08 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cckq76 View Post

What would I gain by changing these out? How much work would it take?
If you have to ask these questions, you are not prepared for the answer. If you drive the car and hear weird noises, if you enjoy spirited driving, but the car simply does not inspire confidence, these may be pathways that could lead to towards to right question.

Yes, all of the work is totally worth the effort. You would gain a more geometrically consistent car, with less alignment problems, less tire grip problems, and a more confident rear-end. To me, that will at least triple or more your driving experience. However, what I find invaluable in a car some other may find trivial, and the other way is also true. Make a list of your cars annoyances. Work on your cars list.
Old 05-16-2018, 07:15 AM
Launching!

1st, What bugged me the most what the torque limiting programs placed onto the ECU. The surging of power was god awful, annoying, and just childish. I have a torque limiting device, it is called a foot. Anyone running around with the stock torque limiting program on the ECU has to be having a strange driving experience because I was downright unimpressed (borderline I dont get why people like this stuff) with the car when I first hammered on the go-fast pedal. Once that was tuned out, completely gone, I was much more satisfied.

2nd would be the piece of **** gear shifter. What a terrible abomination. A janky 30 year old Nissan Sentra does this better.

3rd is the superfluous use of soft rubber in the car. Even sporty V6 guys complain so of course the V8 will only cause more problems.

4th The driveline lash is strange, but once again, remove rubber, replace with polyu, THe lash will go reduce or go away. A CV joint is a decent idea for that spot in a long-length, OEM driveshaft application. Controlling the rear end and replacing rubber bushings is key to aiding the driveline lash.

5th, eff the OEM dual mass flywheel.

6th, eff GM for making the car leaky all over the place, at least mine seems to be. lol

7th, small tires, why? SO small.

Maybe more, I'll think about it on the drive to work today.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Her fat ***. Like, where is she hiding it? What do i gotta do to get this Bit*h on a diet!? I already run the dog **** outta her and she never loses a pound! Which is why I cheat on her with a C5
Old 05-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Launching!

@barrok69 very good one with the squeaky armrest!!!!
Old 05-16-2018, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

1st, What bugged me the most what the torque limiting programs placed onto the ECU. The surging of power was god awful, annoying, and just childish. I have a torque limiting device, it is called a foot. Anyone running around with the stock torque limiting program on the ECU has to be having a strange driving experience because I was downright unimpressed (borderline I dont get why people like this stuff) with the car when I first hammered on the go-fast pedal. Once that was tuned out, completely gone, I was much more satisfied.

2nd would be the piece of **** gear shifter. What a terrible abomination. A janky 30 year old Nissan Sentra does this better.

3rd is the superfluous use of soft rubber in the car. Even sporty V6 guys complain so of course the V8 will only cause more problems.

4th The driveline lash is strange, but once again, remove rubber, replace with polyu, THe lash will go reduce or go away. A CV joint is a decent idea for that spot in a long-length, OEM driveshaft application. Controlling the rear end and replacing rubber bushings is key to aiding the driveline lash.

5th, eff the OEM dual mass flywheel.

6th, eff GM for making the car leaky all over the place, at least mine seems to be. lol

7th, small tires, why? SO small.

Maybe more, I'll think about it on the drive to work today.
to each his or her own, but if this car bugged me this much Iíd just use a different one. More than half of these things are easily corrected and/or present on anything similar.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by isis View Post

to each his or her own, but if this car bugged me this much I’d just use a different one. More than half of these things are easily corrected and/or present on anything similar.
I narrowed my search down precisely and the V1 is quite perfect for me. Closing in on my first year of ownership was a lot of fun. I was simply being on point for the thread. Never once did I say I would remove the car or myself from the equation. Nor would I want to buy anything new and highly unlikely anything from GM ever again.

What a shame you would give up based on such a short and easily fixable list. To each their own is very true.

EDIT:
Torque limiting taken out via tune already.
Working on full bushing replacements.
Brians V1 Hurst shifter was delivered today, just checked my parcel locker.
DMF will go away when I plan on a new clutch, flywheel, slave cylinder setup.

Dang, almost 75% done my list!

Last edited by kra86; 05-16-2018 at 10:27 PM. Reason: checked parcel locker for shifter
Old 05-17-2018, 02:11 AM
Launching!

Dang, almost 75% done my list![/QUOTE]

Great work! You are taking the same approach I did when I bought mine.

Figure out what you want as an end product and do everything you need to do to get there in between. I had a plan in place before I bought the car, and unfortunately some items failed before I was ready, but most failed on time.

Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be on to paint and shipping her home to the US once more for my toy.

I'm at 90% of my list and build myself after 2 years of ownership.

I've had the LS7 replacement and now I have an act twin. I really recommend the twin! It's been great and easy to drive even in heavy traffic.

I've got heads and cam left, then work on my exhaust a little bit more, and focus on paint and interior stuff, keyless ignition etc.

I bought a molested V that wasn't taken care of properly and gave her a good home.

Last thing I am doing is painting either a midnight blue metallic or battleship grey/nardo grey.

-Byron
Old 05-17-2018, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

I narrowed my search down precisely and the V1 is quite perfect for me. Closing in on my first year of ownership was a lot of fun. I was simply being on point for the thread. Never once did I say I would remove the car or myself from the equation. Nor would I want to buy anything new and highly unlikely anything from GM ever again.

What a shame you would give up based on such a short and easily fixable list. To each their own is very true.

EDIT:
Torque limiting taken out via tune already.
Working on full bushing replacements.
Brians V1 Hurst shifter was delivered today, just checked my parcel locker.

Dang, almost 75% done my list!
i just meant why let it bug you if itís easy to fix? Most of this thread is dumb niggly stuff that has no good solution. Thatís all, no worries.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:28 AM
Staging Lane

Ah one more.....headlight washers
Old 05-17-2018, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^^ Mine were never functional when I bought it, and have since been completely disconnected just to ensure they can't magically become operational. My understanding is that they just make a mess every time they spray - ain't nobody got time fo' that!
Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
^^^ Mine were never functional when I bought it, and have since been completely disconnected just to ensure they can't magically become operational. My understanding is that they just make a mess every time they spray - ain't nobody got time fo' that!
It's kind of frustrating when you want to do a simple wiper clean and then it sprays your whole front end down I think they're programmed to come on every ~10 mists or so. If you somebody could hack the BCM it would be something that could be adjusted.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:29 PM
Launching!

Headlight washers do make a mess.Mine still work, and turn on randomly when I first start the car.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have no idea if mine work or not. I suppose that probably means they donít?
Old 05-17-2018, 08:54 PM
Launching!

I am not sure of the exact protocols. I do not use AUTO setting for the lights. Whenever I turn the lights on, upon a fresh start, I hear the whirring of a motor and I see spitting in the front. I had no idea wtf was happening the first few times before I became familiar with the function yet a year later, I still do not know when they are to activate.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am not sure of the exact protocols. I do not use AUTO setting for the lights. Whenever I turn the lights on, upon a fresh start, I hear the whirring of a motor and I see spitting in the front. I had no idea wtf was happening the first few times before I became familiar with the function yet a year later, I still do not know when they are to activate.
my lights are on auto all the time. I think the washers are supposed to come on with the windshield sprayers when the lights are on. I canít think of the last time I drove in the dark or when I used the windshield sprayer let alone both occurring at the same time.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: