Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Switched to the CS shifter from the Hurst.

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I never had huge problems with the stock shifter but had toasted bushings and mounts at the same time. The modified stock shifter i have (azn) has the pivot attached to the bottom of the stock barrel and some of the other ones didn’t put it down that far. I’d probably want some more smush somehow back in it and call it a day. Like you, I don’t track or even run it that hard at all. I’m starting to love what it was supposed to be to begin with.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1247
I've biting my tongue for sure but my stock 06 has been such a pleasure to drive, I don't come around much as I plan on leaving it alone as much as possible. As far as I know, the shifter in it is bone stock and I get about the same number of blocked gears as I did with either of the aftermarket units but the stock shifter is so quite I can't hate on it. I guess the throw is a little long on it maybe but I don't notice it and I've never hit my hands on the dash like some people have reported. I've never climbed under the car to even look at it so I can imagine the shifter bushings are shot but I'm not drag racing it.

Wonder whatever happened to the guy that was putting the t56 magnum XL transmission in his V? The transmission with the extra long tailshaft which was going to allow him to use a non divorced shifter? He dropped off the face of the earth...
He successfully completed the project. He is active on the Facebook page.

I enjoyed my stock shifter after replacement of all the bushings. I just ended up getting sand and dirt into the shift cup and it basically destroyed it, so I was left with after market options. I daily the car, but I also enjoy flogging it when I have the chance.

I am planning on running it on Yas Marina and Dubai autodrome hopefully after I get the correct CV joint sent for my 8.8 from DSS, and I get the suspension finished up.

99% daily, but in Dubai/Abu Dhabi traffic it's like a mini track day. 🤣

-Byron
Old 09-11-2018, 08:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by isis
...I’m starting to love what it was supposed to be to begin with.
Last year, I bought an 06 with a catback, I stuck my f14s on it, put my Kenwood in it and installed my trailer hitch on it and it’s a perfect daily driver. Useful and fast, it’s perfect for getting everywhere in a hurry and right now, I’m hauling a VW bus transaxle in the trunk...try that with a Vette.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Currently running the Lingenfelter that came on the car and it's junk. Reminds me of my 91 Beretta GT V6 5spd lol. It got better after replacing the blown out trans mount but I'll probably grab a CS after I finish the cooling projects I'm working on.