Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

HELP.shift assembly needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2018, 11:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP.shift assembly needed

Hello. New to forum. I had a failure in my 07 cts v where my driveshaft separated from tail shafts and smashed my linkage beyond repair. Cadillac discontinued part in 2016. I cannot find one aside from buying a entire transmission. My transmission is presently at ticks performance getting a level 2 build. Had I known I couldn't get the part, I would have bought a transmission with linkage. Does anyone have one for sale, or would another linkage fit? Please help, thank you
Old 09-06-2018, 07:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Dayum, that sucks. The driveshaft separated? ?
Old 09-06-2018, 07:35 AM
Teching In

To make a long story short, I had a beautiful 05 v, sadly while away on a ski trip last year, a tree fell in my driveway totaling it. I found a original owner 07 after insurance and bought it. 800 miles into it, I suffered a catastrophic failure. The driveshaft came apart from the tail shaft of the transmission causing the driveshaft to beat up my linkage until I came to a stop. After dropping transmission, I found that orifinal owner had a clutch done. I believe whoever did the work didn't torque the bolts where the driveshaft and tailshaft connect as there were no bolts remaining when I inspected it. I am at a loss now because I have a great level 2 build on tranny from ticks performance, but no linkage to complete. I hope I don't have to buy a entire transmission, but it's starting to look that way. If anyone has the shift linkage assembly for sale or advice on one that may fit, (possibly gen 2, or gt 500, etc.) I am more than willing to purchase or take advice. Summer is just about up and I would love to cruise. This winter, my car will be put in storage so I don't have another weather incident that got me in this position to begin with. Thank you everyone. My name is Louis
Old 09-06-2018, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On FB V1 vs the world a guy has adapted an mgw gt500 shifter for his car and is working on producing it for sale. Just a waiting game now.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Thank you. I will look into it. I just found a guy parting a 05 out...he said he would sell me linkage, my fingers are crossed that this deal will go through. This has been so stressful
Old 09-08-2018, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Try eBay?
Old 09-08-2018, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Hello. Thank you for any advice you gave . I actually found a guy in LA Cali that was willig to sell me his out of his parts car. It is en route as I type this. I am very grateful for this and cannot wait to get back on the road. Thank you everyone
Old 09-13-2018, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Doble
On FB V1 vs the world a guy has adapted an mgw gt500 shifter for his car and is working on producing it for sale. Just a waiting game now.
Gah, been off facebook for 6 or 7 years, seriously considering getting back on again to join this group so I can watch progress on this
Old 09-13-2018, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know it's terrible but I can't stop looking at it.