Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V vs 06' GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CTS-V vs 06' GTO?

Which one is faster out of these two, stock?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Teching In

CTS-V I believe. I know it was faster for 05 to 60mph. Caddy has a higher rear.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

At the track those goats are awfully slow donno why...
Old 02-10-2006, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Thats what I thought, but I've never seen them racing side by side.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:31 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,096 Likes on 720 Posts

I've heard of V's going faster on average, but I'd say it would be a driver's race.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i raced my buddies 05 cts-v, against my 05 gto on the freeway, i pulled him a couple cars, nothing crazy, we both a have a dynotune, exhaust, and intake, but now he is going the heads/cam route, so i am toast.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dannystang
At the track those goats are awfully slow donno why...
Most stanks are slow.
Old 02-10-2006, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

One got a jump on me (hit it while he was behind me) and got about a car on me. At about 1/8th mile I was passing him. The only mod I have so far is the Volant CAI. I heard him idle and it at least had exhaust, stock cam though. They aren't slow, but stock for stock a V can take them without much trouble.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

Not so sure who would win a race, but I am in Santa Clarita, CA. Just North of LA, and I have an '05 GTO M6, Palmdale or The Streets of Willow are good places to meet, or maybe even Fontana. Let's put this talk to rest once and for all. No street races spoken here. None of that " we started from dig , or from a roll, three honks, we had to shut it down because of the traffic etc." The weather has been nice here lately, actually slightly warm, these are track days. Let's go.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

No need I have some videos stock vs stock running, then timed runs...(at a track)

I still dont get why those goats are such cows.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Rob
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They are pretty evenly matched. Really depends on driver. We've had quite a few '04's get down to very low 13's bone stock and '05's dip into the 12's bone stock. So V's ought to be right there in the mix.

Haven't seen but one '05 Mustang that got into the 13's, he ran a 13.9. I know there are faster ones than that but haven't seen them at the tracks I hit. I guess that makes them cows...
Old 02-11-2006, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

No need I have some videos stock vs stock running, then timed runs...(at a track)

Yeah, just like I thought, no takers in the Los Angeles Area !!! Won't it be nice to have two people on the board one with a CTS-V vs the other with a Goat ('04/'05) stock or otherwise, go to the track(s) in the LA area, and have a go at it as many times as they care to, and then report back to the board? Not videos froma friends run etc, but true tales from two board members here telling it like it happened at the track competing against each other. This talk about "a buddy of mine ran a GTO or CTS-V....blah, blah, blah gets old". How about "John Doe (CTS-V owner) and I (GTO Owner) went to Palmdale and did 4 passes, here are the results."

And oh by the way, we will be at Fontana, CA March 1 st, so please come see us or join us if you are in the area and have the time. Now that is talking.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Such cows? The CTS-V weighs more than the GTO's, how do you guys have any room to talk? At the track doesn't mean anything except that the V out DROVE or out LAUNCHED the GTO. With 5 less hp and weighing 150+ lbs more, the V will lose with equal drivers. Bottom line. I've driven both many of times, and the GTO is definitely faster. I was not impressed with the V at all. I haven't seen any impressive times from the V either. Also, what's the fastest street driven V run? The V is a nice car, but not worth the $55K it is for one. In the real world, it is a drivers race, but if both cars have great drivers, the GTO will win.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

I just see where the 2006 CTS-V has an LS2 Motor in it with the Tremec Tranny. Sound familiar? Read that as GTO / Corvettte.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Teching In

It's the gearing...that's what makes the V teh fast3r, and why GTO is pwned!!!!!

Enough of the strip-*** bravado...get thee to a roadcourse and so what these cars were born to do....
-ace
Old 02-11-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ace996
It's the gearing...that's what makes the V teh fast3r, and why GTO is pwned!!!!!

Enough of the strip-*** bravado...get thee to a roadcourse and so what these cars were born to do....
-ace
Yup! When we ran this past summer I smoke a GTO at the track. 13.5 to a 14.1. Track sucked and it was 95+ degrees out. He took me off the line, because I was afraid to launch my V with the weak diff' but after that, it was game over. Walked 'em easily. 3.73's and nothing more.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cvp33
Yup! When we ran this past summer I smoke a GTO at the track. 13.5 to a 14.1. Track sucked and it was 95+ degrees out. He took me off the line, because I was afraid to launch my V with the weak diff' but after that, it was game over. Walked 'em easily. 3.73's and nothing more.
Might've been an '04 GTO (50 fewer horses), but between an '05 v. an CTS-V - it would be a driver's race.
Old 02-12-2006, 01:00 AM
TECH Addict

Stock vs. Stock is a joke. Mod your cars then talk the talk. I love the GTO, and I love my V. I wish I could own both...but I have Navi!
Old 02-12-2006, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Whats with the GTO guys.... Are you upset because of your green radio?!

JK!!!!

Seriously, I have raced a few GTO's and honstly, the V will pull ahead, though its really to close and wont be a nasty walk but a walk to a car ahead. This is an interesting read:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html

Its funny how i never thought that i would see such hating towards our V'z from a few ppl with almost the same configuration. But here i am, reading ppl calling out the V owners for a no bullsh#t race, blah blah blah.....hating from the get go... Where did all the animosity coome from? Wait a minute....are you guys pisst becuz we can lug around more girls and still be faster?! (Sorry, just having fun!!!)

Fellas, they are both nice rides and have their pros/cons. The V has its diff issues while the GTO is just a bit slower...but that is it...no big deal..only a few tenths!!!
and a few mph....

hehehe!!!!!

Seriously, the gearing in the V has it beat...same hp, V's a bit heavier, but has tighter gears.... To close you say?....Well i agree, but not enough to come over here and start bashing thats for sure....
Old 02-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by obZidian
Whats with the GTO guys.... Are you upset because of your green radio?!

JK!!!!

Seriously, I have raced a few GTO's and honstly, the V will pull ahead, though its really to close and wont be a nasty walk but a walk to a car ahead. This is an interesting read:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html

Its funny how i never thought that i would see such hating towards our V'z from a few ppl with almost the same configuration. But here i am, reading ppl calling out the V owners for a no bullsh#t race, blah blah blah.....hating from the get go... Where did all the animosity coome from? Wait a minute....are you guys pisst becuz we can lug around more girls and still be faster?! (Sorry, just having fun!!!)

Fellas, they are both nice rides and have their pros/cons. The V has its diff issues while the GTO is just a bit slower...but that is it...no big deal..only a few tenths!!!
and a few mph....

hehehe!!!!!

Seriously, the gearing in the V has it beat...same hp, V's a bit heavier, but has tighter gears.... To close you say?....Well i agree, but not enough to come over here and start bashing thats for sure....

Too bad you are in FLA. Where are the CTS-V owners in LA? It not hating I just want someone close by on this board to stand up and meet me at the track. It is that simple. Samething happened with the '04 Cobra, I happen to own one od those stock. The guys in SVT talked a lot until one agreed and we meet up in Palmdale, CA Did 5 passes at the track, results 3/5 for the GTO. Now are good buddies and he knows better. I am sure there are CTS-V owners in LA. Just tell one of them to come out to the track. Not a hating issue, just proof issue. Why is it that '06 CTS-V is an LS2 motor? Do you know why?

Quick Reply: CTS-V vs 06' GTO?