Cadillac CTS-V 2009-2015 (Gen 2) Welcome to a whole other level of overkill

I Have a Leak!

Old 04-30-2017, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I Have a Leak!

CTSV Guru's, help me with identifying a oily leak please.

I noticed a spot of a black oily substance under the front drivers side suspension area on my 2012 CSTV with 31K and was wondering where it might be coming from.

Please check out the pics and let me know what you think.

I did check the oil level and everything looks fine: oil on the dipstick looks brand new which it is.

Thanks,

Shawn

Last edited by Qfly; 05-03-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:20 PM
Staging Lane

Looks like grease coming from lower control arm bushings. I do know that they get worn out easily and several people have replaced theirs. Im about to replace mine. I couldn't get a front end alignment because the bolt holes were ovaled out.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Turbo5.0
Looks like grease coming from lower control arm bushings. I do know that they get worn out easily and several people have replaced theirs. Im about to replace mine. I couldn't get a front end alignment because the bolt holes were ovaled out.
Thank you for the reply.

The drip on the floor isn't directly under the leak but rather behind where the leak point is: the fluid runs down the suspension arm a bit then drips onto the floor. The substance looks just like oil but very black compared to the actual engine oil. The funny part is there hasn't been a drop on the garage floor for the last three days and the car was driven today... go figure..

Thanks
Old 05-11-2017, 08:55 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Magnetic shocks leaking maybe?
Old 05-21-2017, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Update...

Drove the Caddy up to San Antonio for a service appointment to take care of a couple of tsb's.

I also mentioned there was a rattling sound coming from the engine when idling and was especially noticeable upon engine shutdown.

Well, the dealership put on a brand new super charger, pulley and the whole nine yards! They also told me there was no leak and the car hasn't leaked a drop since returning a week ago....weird I tell ya..

Oh well, a brand new super charger works for me!

Cheers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I Have a Leak!