Cadillac CTS-V 2009-2015 (Gen 2) Welcome to a whole other level of overkill

Just bought a used V - Long shot but trying to find old owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just bought a used V - Long shot but trying to find old owner

Hello to all. I just picked up an '09 V with 65,000 miles on it in central NJ. It's black on black with some purple pin striping (pretty discrete, I kinda like it) and automatic. I've had the car for about a month now and all is well but there have clearly been a few mods to it and although I know it's a long shot I wanted to see if one of the old owners is out there and can maybe give me some history on it. There is definitely a CAI on it but I'm not sure of the brand or if there was a follow up tune. All of the engine covers have been tossed and the fuse box cover is broken. The front bumper has been off and reinstalled with whatever clips someone had in their garage, no accidents listed on the carfax though. There's a few funny electrical issues like the fob deciding whether to unlock the doors on the first pull or the fourth and even though I turn the radio off, it will turn back on once in a while so I'm wondering if at one point there was a sub-woofer installed and sent some feedback to the head unit or just a bad ground somewhere. I am the sixth owner but all previous sales have been in either NY or NJ so I assume someone in the tri-state area. I changed the oil this weekend and the underside looks good, oil wasn't terrible and nothing down there was out of place. If you owned this car or were possibly one of the tuners on it, it would be awesome to hear from you. Again, it seems to be in great shape overall but I do have some questions, mostly about what else may have been done in regard to performance parts and the root of some of the quirks. PM if you can help.

Quick Reply: Just bought a used V - Long shot but trying to find old owner