Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

PACER Program

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default PACER Program

Has anyone heard of it? It sounds like junk to me.

From another forum:

Originally Posted by RandomHer0
From Capital Nissan...brutal way to start...

Originally Posted by SeR-T
Brought the car to the shop for oil change and wash.....
Leave around 3PM, I'm driving nice and slow (roads are bumpy)
Cop coming towards me, turns around to give chase..... ???

Pulls me over for loud exhaust :
Says my tint is illegal
Muffler is illegal
Tires are no good.
Failed to provide proof of insurance.

3 tickets later.....

While all this is happening...
Car with NO exhaust passes by us.... :
2 people less than 10 feet behind his car are almost nailed while J-Walking :

Geese, glad they have their priorities straight....
Originally Posted by MightyMaximus
This is actually part of the PACER program that OPS is running now. Their on the watch for any car that appears to be non-stock. They are trying to discourage the culture before it begins to rise up. The last few years heavy modding has been on a decline however they are anticipating a growth spurt this year using some sort of historical data and trend analysis. So they put this program in place. Police and Community Educating Racers. To counter it. And now armed with the new 50 over law you can surely expect to have some people be made examples of in Ottawa this year. Also be on the look out for new unmarkes. They intend on diversifying their fleet because most of us can spot an unmarked now. But they will be using a sniper team as they call it. 2 unmarked one acting as the spotter and the other as the shooter. The spotter will most likely be a non domestic. No info yet however there are talks of it being volvo’s (no one ever suspects a Volvo) in any case the spotter will tag the vehicle and call in the killer so that the make, color and secrecy of the spotter is not compromised thus making the unit effective.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think thats bs...there is nothing that says we can't mod cars...targetting cars that do not look stock is discrimination in a sense...its like watching black (or other raced) people more closely in banks and such, because according to statistical data, they happen to be involved in more crimes...

as far as those sniper teams go...they need to be very careful with how they use that...it's one thing to use an unmarked car to observe another vehicle on the road doing something illegal, then calling in a marked car to take him out...but it's entrapment if they start using those unmarked cars to spark street races with other drivers then nail them. Not that you should be street racing, but they are not allowed to provoke you or entice you into doing a crime, and then nail you for it...

I dont understand what is wrong with modded cars...I've heard about cops pulling over some hondas and checking for modded parts under the hood and crap like that...then taking the info off the insurance and calling them up saying...hey did you know So-and-So has these aftermarket "performance" parts on the car? Oh no? he didnt tell you?...yes, I do think you should send someone to reasses the vehicle and change the insurance accordingly...

I think thats total bogus to...but what can you do right?...atleast were not as big of a target as hondas, but all this does make me consider closing my cutout lol...