Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Shipping from US-Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping from US-Canada?

Im looking at having an exhaust system shipped from the US but in order to have it shipped to Canada im gonna have to pay thru the a$$ as many of you know, and therefore I was looking at maybe getting it shipped somewhere in Niagara Falls NY or even Buffalo? I heard people using different depots and simply picking up their stuff there and driving it across the border?
Old 05-18-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why not go through USPS? I dont think I have ever been charged by them...
Old 05-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LETZRIDE
Agreed! Have the vendor ship it buy USPS. When it gets up here, Canada Post won't rape you with brokerage fees.

Ken
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

I use a place that is on witmer road which is just across the border at the Lewiston crossing. Great people to deal with. $5.00 per package ( not sure if a large package might be more?? ) Their email address is usaddress@adelphia.net
I would highly recommend this option. Their address is:
3909 Witmer Road
Niagara Falls NY-
14305-1244
Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CanuckSS
I use a place that is on witmer road which is just across the border at the Lewiston crossing. Great people to deal with. $5.00 per package ( not sure if a large package might be more?? ) Their email address is usaddress@adelphia.net
3909 Witmer Road
Niagara Falls NY-
14305-1244
Excellent, thats what i want. I will try USPS as well. Now when you come across the border, you just tell them its a gift? I was gonna say that the exhaust is a birthday gift for my old man.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Do not forget guys you will need a passport soon for a border crossing!
Old 05-22-2009, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Striker
Excellent, thats what i want. I will try USPS as well. Now when you come across the border, you just tell them its a gift? I was gonna say that the exhaust is a birthday gift for my old man.
If you are buying the system privately have the guy who you are buying it from write you a receipt for a lesser amount. You might still have to pay duty, but usually they question you if you say you spent something. For example on a $600.00 exhaust I might say I paid $175.00. I have never tried the gift option. I have a feeling it wouldn't work.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A lot of times the US vendors refuse to ship with USPS. I found many of them quite rude about it. The USPS is by far the way to tho. Avoid UPS at all costs, and FedEx works pretty good, except for the time they left over $1500 worth of stuff on my front step with no one home...it was a huge BeCool box and everything.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CanuckSS
3909 Witmer Road
Niagara Falls NY-
14305-1244

Anyone know of something like this in Havre or Great Falls, Montana??
Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

DO NOT use UPS, go with USPS like others have said. I bought $60 worth of parts from a guy on here a few months ago and paid $47 in fees through UPS, plus they won't let me pick it up, I have to be at home ready with a cheque, which sucks because I work all day and I dont have any cheques. USPS just drops it at the local Canada Post pickup and leaves a notice saying I can pick it up. I paid $250 for my oil pan and paid nothing in extra fee's.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:25 AM
TECH Regular

i dont like fedex...I bought a 70$ air intake and had to pay 57$ in duties...
Old 05-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Staging Lane

These folks are great and just across the Rainbow bridge.
http://canammailbox.tripod.com/
Old 06-03-2009, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I got a quote from this vendor and its $125 to ship four wheels/tires to that Niagara Falls NY, and about 250 give or take, to my home address. Since I live near by the border I think im going to do this.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Teching In

tell me about it, just a few weeks ago I finally recieved my rear suspension parts, and for some reason it was picked up by Livingston International, and I paid $530 to get $2200 worth of parts across the border... I was furious.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've had a few things come via DHL. They're really good too. They called ahead to see if I was home to accept delivery. And the brokerage fee was way less than UPS. USPS is also good, like others said. I have never had anything come via FedEx.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm never ordering from the states again! Period. Waste of time and money imo. I ordered an SLP lid and handheld tuner (would have come to maybe 550 total) but instead paid 1000 dollars. What a ******' rip off! Why do we get screwed up here so much? Bunch of BS. Yet we just 'give' our **** to the States no sweat. Never again.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oddwraith
I'm never ordering from the states again! Period. Waste of time and money imo. I ordered an SLP lid and handheld tuner (would have come to maybe 550 total) but instead paid 1000 dollars. What a ******' rip off! Why do we get screwed up here so much? Bunch of BS. Yet we just 'give' our **** to the States no sweat. Never again.
you must of went through UPS or fedex...got nailed with brokerage AND taxes...

have your stuff shipped through USPS AND marked as a gift...you'll be fine...I get a ton of deals from the states...
Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

have your stuff shipped through USPS AND marked as a gift...you'll be fine...I get a ton of deals from the states...
Thats the problem. Its up to the vendor if they wanna mark it as a gift, its hard to do. I might have the exhaust shipped to Niagara Falls NY but then im worried about the border crossing. I really dont wanna pay taxes on 900 dollars especially for a product that wasn't even made or sold in Canada. Anyone have any suggestions how I can bring this over the border?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive had lots of vendors refuse to ship USPS. The worst of it is on fleebay mind you. I got no idea why people in the US refuse to use the postal service instead of UPS or FedEx. It doesnt even have to be marked as a gift, just the savings in the brokerage fees alone make it a better deal. And time wise, its just as fast thru the mail. EVERYTHING I get shipped from the US seems to take 10-14 days, no matter where it comes from. Blows my mind cuz I can mail something from Edmonton and 2 days later its in Toronto.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

So anyone else have any ideas of how I can avoid paying taxes for no reason on a thousand dollar exhaust kit? I was gonna remove it from the box and just say the item is used and make up some bs price.

Quick Reply: Shipping from US-Canada?