Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

ZO6 at Mosport

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ZO6 at Mosport

I had the opportunity of being a passenger in an LS7 for a 20 minute session on the big track and I was blown away with the mechanical grip and awesome power of the engine and the brakes. On the back straight it was pulling very hard in all 6 gears close to 240. Wow. I may need a neck brace.
Attached Thumbnails ZO6 at Mosport-oct-15-3.jpg  
Old 09-16-2010, 08:15 AM
Staging Lane

Also during our lunch break this car took to the track and it was screaming around the place. I don't anything about except it looked like a GT1
Attached Thumbnails ZO6 at Mosport-vette.jpg  
Old 12-04-2010, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

The road course is a BLAST , and yes, the C6Z is one HELLUVA car out there! However, unless it was geared with ~4.56's, that 240 km/h pull would be in 4th gear still, not 6th .

That blue car pictured could be from Gateway (the race shop up there at the track).

So have you got the "bug" yourself yet? You don't need to be a pro to run your car at Mosport. There are LOTS of opportunities for average, everyday people to take their cars on the track .
Old 12-06-2010, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Pete you bought a vette??? Hope you didnt get rid of your two camaro's!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

I have to visit this place more often. It probably was 4th gear, i can't say I was counting. I was there with the Porsches and have a project on the go that is designed specifically for Mosport. It's coming along nicely and I hope to fire the motor before spring and with some luck it could be sorted enough to bring to the track in the summer.
Old 12-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cap'n Pete
The road course is a BLAST , and yes, the C6Z is one HELLUVA car out there! However, unless it was geared with ~4.56's, that 240 km/h pull would be in 4th gear still, not 6th .

That blue car pictured could be from Gateway (the race shop up there at the track).

So have you got the "bug" yourself yet? You don't need to be a pro to run your car at Mosport. There are LOTS of opportunities for average, everyday people to take their cars on the track .
Hey Pete!

Congrats on the 'Vet!

When I ran my heads & cam Camaro on the "Big Track", I would hit about 220 kph - but I'd have to shift into 5th about 2/3 of the way up the Andretti Straight because of my 4.10s. Unfortunately, as soon as I had to grab 5th, the car fell on its face with the overdrive gearing.

Best regards,

Elie

Quick Reply: ZO6 at Mosport