Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Need to find cheap motor mounts

Old 11-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need to find cheap motor mounts

Im in the GTA and was wondering whats the cheapest place to get motor mounts from, gm parts direct has it for a good price, but it says on their site they only ship to US. Looking for rubber, as Ive been told poly is no good.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by joe77
Im in the GTA and was wondering whats the cheapest place to get motor mounts from, gm parts direct has it for a good price, but it says on their site they only ship to US. Looking for rubber, as Ive been told poly is no good.
Hey Joe, I personally do not mind the poly mounts myself.

Did you join TFBM? You get a really good discount at Addison Chev in Mississauga if you did.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

hey Dale
how much discount if we join tfbm and how much is membership for tfbm
Old 11-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Launching!

Unfortunately didn’t end up becoming a member this year, was going to and have pomp tweak my fan settings but he didn’t bring his computer and I wasn't able to make it out again to any more meets. I plan to head out to more events next year so ill be sure to become a member. I was originally going to get polys as everyone on here seems to like them but I was talking to Doug when I got some parts from him and he said he really disliked them and had them pulled out within a week. Doug said they caused a fair bit of vibration that he didn’t like. So far all of the prices I’ve found are like 3 times the poly motor mounts since they come with the clamshell, except for gmpartsdirect. Ive so far been quoted like 163, which may not seem like much, but on top of the labour it adds up and money is tight since I’m still in school and not working much right now. Just don’t want to go cheap and get the poly and then regret it later. Dale, did you find there were a lot more vibrations? As right now my driver side is shot, and sounds like a bang every time I give it any gas really, don’t want to wreck things with it moving so much. There’s also some vibration at idle along with a thump/ vibration noise every time I go over a irregularity in the road, which I think are symptoms from the mount being shot. It’s hard to tell if the vibrations I currently have in the car while at speed are from the mounts or my dying rear. So if anyone has positive experiences with the poly, and can give good reasons why they like them over poly, or know a good way for me to get the rubbers let me know. Car will be going away in a week or two depending on the weather, but if I can get it solved now would be nice.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

There is more vibrations, but they are a high frequency so they do not really bother me. What I liked is when you launch it the shift does not torque over.

The reason for the price difference is that with new stock ones you need the clam shell. With polys you drill out the rivets in the clam shells and put the poly in where the rubber was and bolt them back together.

As for the discount it varies from part to part. I get jobber prices at a place here in Burlington and the club discount beats that by 2-5% typically. So the pricing is pretty good. For bigger parts I drive to Mississauga for them.

The memberships are $30. $100-$150 GM parts purchase will pay for itself easy.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Launching!

Yah I saw that you cant get rubber without the clamshell, but still sucks that gmparts direct is $66 shipped in the states. This project might be put off till the spring, and Ill see about getting my friend to bring them back for me from his house in florida. As i still need tires and my rear end fixed lol.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by joe77
Yah I saw that you cant get rubber without the clamshell, but still sucks that gmparts direct is $66 shipped in the states. This project might be put off till the spring, and Ill see about getting my friend to bring them back for me from his house in florida. As i still need tires and my rear end fixed lol.
I got a price with the club discount and it is about double the price you listed. List price was triple. That is nuts.

The discount is good, but the list price is off the map.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need to find cheap motor mounts