STS LS2 Build on 1998 Z28 Camaro - Page 10 - LS1TECH

Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

STS LS2 Build on 1998 Z28 Camaro

Old 04-16-2016, 06:23 AM   #181
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstr n u View Post
Still haven't figured out how to build a proper shield for my air filter sitting right next to my driver side rear wheel

Just installed a Tick Master Cylinder due to loss of clutch pedal pressure when driving hard...very different feel. Will take some getting used to as the pedal movement is much shorter and firmer. Will look to see what sort of adjustability there is with this new equipment.
Why not head down to the local Home Depot and get some heating and ducting tin and fab it up?
transamtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:41 PM   #182
On The Tree

Transamtom, it's unfortunately not as easy as it may seem

I am going to get my car back up on the hoist over the next few weeks and see what i can fab up for a complete rubber shield from gas tank to lower passenger rear seat subframe. This will prevent water and crud from reaching the air filter but allow breathabliity of the air filter. I've tried a circumferencial metal shield and it didn't do much unfortunately...

Time for a complete rethink....
fstr n u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:46 PM   #183
On The Tree

Old 04-29-2016, 09:47 PM   #184
On The Tree

That shield helped about as much as a perforated condom on a prostitute with the HIV.....
Old 11-06-2016, 12:54 AM   #185
On The Tree

With temps dipping below freezing, the STS Camaro is going to get parked soon. I went to Home Depot and picked up some clear Acrylic Sheets and am planning to build a shield for the Air Filter that hangs off the turbo. This should net me all weather drive-ability and longer intervals between replacing/cleaning air filters. I'll post pics once i start. I've created a template out of Cereal Boxes...now the fun begins with cutting and assembling.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:19 PM   #186
On The Tree

Scrapped the acrylic idea after realizing how challenging this will be. I fabbed up a cover with cardboard a local body shop will be cutting me the pieces needed to create a "cold air intake" on the bottom left corner of my car. I'll post pics once it's done.

I also decided that the car is in need of additional boost. So i'll be ordering 96# fuel injectors soon and back off the dyno for a tune. Shooting for 18-20lbs of boost with no particular goal for numbers. The engine/setup is running out of steam around 5800rpm, and my hope is with a bit more boost it'll provide additional room to see that plateau occur later in the rpm band. I'll post pics of the comparative graphs from where i started at 5# to where we hopefully stop (around 20).
Old 04-16-2017, 12:59 AM   #187
On The Tree

Parr Auto fabbed up my cold air intake i created out of metal. I'm going to swap cars on my lift tomorrow and will post pics for any rear mount guys interested.