Default Whats it worth?

Hello,
I would just like some of your guys opinions on two cars, what theyre worth

#1 1998 camaro ss
- factory slp car
- convertible
- automatic
- 100 percent stock

Car is in absolutely immaculate condition 9/10.
I know the owner and was daily driven by the wife. Downside 170xxx kms. asking 9500 firm. Is this too much for the car? what draws me to it is i know the history and i know the owner and his maintenance habits (obsessive)

1998 camaro coupe z28
60xxx kms
6 speed
condition 7.5/10
asking price 7500
Is this seem to cheep for the mileage? does something seem fishy with this car? I am somewhat new to the f body camaros so I'm not sure what to expect in pricing with regards to a z28vs ss, coupe vs. convertible etc
Old 03-01-2012, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Do a VIN /title history search with the Ministry on the 2nd Camaro just to make sure of no surprises..60,000km is very rare for a 14 yr old car
Old 03-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Slp

I would go with the SS slp car specially if it's a canadian car, when they are us imported most of them loose a bit of history at the border. The same sometimes goes for provincial borders, I've met some shady people in my time and cross province and US cars are a favorite with them. it is a bit on the expensive side but if it was well maintained, not accidented and is in great condition it will be worth more money down the road. SS Slp convertibles are pretty rare in Canada.

You can go to the slp registry to make sure if it is a real factory slp car.
http://slpowners.com/

my Z28 has only 38000 miles on it (yes it's a US model) but i have all it's history, pictures and repair bills. One thing to also keep in mind, is that US insurance companies will SCRAP a car with 5k of damage. mine was hit on the front driver's side and it wasn't that bad. it would of been repaired here with much more damage up to 50% of it's value if i'm not mistaking.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Teching In

if you have a mecanic that you trust bring it to him spend a couple of $$ and you wont regret it
Old 03-02-2012, 03:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Get the lower mile car,the price is lower as well.

The 2-3G you save will buy you a lot of mods if thats what your planning.

I got my 1999 TA with 120,000 miles for $6,200 two years ago it was bone stock to.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Launching!

@ chester. Where did you get your info on a insurance company scraping a car with 5k damage? I know of several cars that had more damage than 5k and were repaired.

@ tosbor. I guess it depends what you like the most, personally I don't like convertibe Camaro's, but I like them for Firebirds. Next would be colors on them.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Wink

[QUOTE=Stormed_Norm;16038410]@ chester. Where did you get your info on a insurance company scraping a car with 5k damage? I know of several cars that had more damage than 5k and were repaired.

Ok it might not be 5k but, They scrap cars there that here would be repaired. Mine had 4k on it when they scrapped it. the "frame" was slightly out of alignment. it needed repull lefe inner fender a left fender, hood, bumper and cover, lights, lower a arm, and a small pull on a car Jig. The previous owner bought it for 10k (was worth 32655.00$ new so in those days more like 40k CDN I have the windows sticker) Previous owner is was a big body shop owner now retired. and sold it to make room for his 67 Corvette. You can drive so many cars .

The only reason i bought this one is because of the documentation. I looked at about 20 cars and this is the ONLY one i'm sure was well repaired. out of the other 20 there were 5 or 6 CDN vehicles that were listed with no accidents, but after going over them with my laser eye. they were in accidents without being declared. IE crooked fenders, crooked bumpers, mismatched paint Orange peel's. etc....

As for the T/A's to my taste it's too how should i say "BATMAN'ish" for me.
;-)

Quick Reply: Whats it worth?