Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Car Appraisers, Any Contacts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 05:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car Appraisers, Any Contacts?

Hey guys, I need to get my 98 Trans Am appraised, I live in Brampton, Ontario. Can anyone recommend anybody? I have some paint missing on the headlight and I have Ws6 wheels that will be going on the car once I get a couple of tires. Do you guys think that will affect the appraisal much?
Thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I just had mine appraised for $50k and it's dirtier than heck! There are a number of variables an appraiser looks at when looking into each vehicle.

Provide lots of documentation and clean it up as best you can.

Can't help with the Ontario location...sorry.

Ryan
Old 03-17-2014, 09:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got a quote for an appraiser for $175, is that a fair price? My car is under a cover, tough to get it clean until these salty streets get washed up with some rain so I can take my baby home. 50k, Damn!
Old 04-10-2014, 01:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

That's almost exactly what i paid too...$180 with tax.

I'm off to my insurance company to begin payments on my new quoted appraisal/insurance value.

I used to pay $200/year for my package policy (comprehensive/collision, etc)...now it'll be just under $600/year. But that beats having my car trashed and getting $10,000 for it or whatever black book value would be.

Down the road once i redo the paint and a little bodywork, i'll re-appraise it. The appraiser said there is definitely room for movement in value if those pieces are done down the road too.

I'm hoping to pass this car down to my son when he'l old and mature enough to drive it....if that ever happens
Old 04-23-2014, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have some mechanical work on the car I need to do first before I get the car appraised. I will let you guys know what it is appraised at. Nice of you to think about others with your car, I don't want anyone driving mine, the car is coming with me to my grave. Lol

Quick Reply: Car Appraisers, Any Contacts?