Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Shop that can fab up a Ford 8.8 rear?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Shop that can fab up a Ford 8.8 rear?

Anyone know of a shop in Ontario that can fab me a Ford 8.8 rear and use my 10-bolt axle tubes?
Old 06-06-2015, 08:59 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm CAM ... He did mine and is local. Thing is built strong as hell to.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much $ compared to a 12 bolt. Also are they similar in strength. I need an upgrade
Old 06-07-2015, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1evilz28
How much $ compared to a 12 bolt. Also are they similar in strength. I need an upgrade
You choose how strong you want it based on the innards you put in. I believe his claim to fame is he's built them for 8 second cars and no breakage yet.

I did mine for well under $1500.... And I had to factor in buying brake plates for the rear off an LT1 back when I did it as my 6 had drums....now it is in the back of my LS1 with LS1 brakes

I know you can pay $$$ to put 35 spline axles / LSD etc in.

What I did to keep costs down is some mustangs and Ford explorers have 31 spline setups (some, you need to look as a lot are 28 spline).

Bought a complete trakloc posi and gear set for around $150 got the bearings kit along with upgrading to a GT500 pinion bearing and she's been a beauty. **knock on wood

I also went with Moser axles and I remember CAM saying that you could go with cheaper priced axles, but he already had the specs setup with moser, and some of those specs were over my head when he was telling me so I just opted to play the safe card.

The great thing about the ford rear ends, if is you want to do everything new gearing/bearing wise...just go direct to Ford and get all Ford Racing parts. Ford is actually pretty damn cheap and is very comparable to the aftermarket pricing, and their stuff is wayyyyy better.

Quick Reply: Shop that can fab up a Ford 8.8 rear?