Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

Cleaning up little things

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cleaning up little things

Well I started out trying to search out a low fuel pressure problem which turned out to be nothing other then a loose clamp on the in tank pump. Really want to thank the wrench that told me it couldn't be after I put in a new pump and fuel pressure regulator. So anyways now I'm waiting for one last plug to install an external FPR. So while I was waiting I took off the Fast 102 and port matched the intake to the head. I also shaved off the logo and painted the intake, lid and lid base with a truck bed wrinkle black. Got the intake back on today. Thanks Fast for sending the gaskets by UPS. $42 in brokerage fees for $50 in gaskets.
Anyways porting the intake, I was trying to think of how I could mark out the face of the base, one side was good but the other had about an 1/8 of an inch to come off. I ended up bending a scribe tool into a "U", holding the intake base in place then reaching the tool into the port and using the head as a guide scribing the face of the intake.
I also wanted to try and wrap the tops of the headers. Under hood temps are really high and thought this would help. Talk about frustration. After doing a crappy job on one then starting on the second I realized I couldn't get the clamps tight enough to hold the wrap with out moving so I scrapped the whole idea.
Just an afternoon rant
Old 06-04-2016, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

One other thing. Taking the intake on and off is a pain. I ended up cutting a 5mm allen key making it into a straight shaft and using a 5mm box end wrench to slip over the top for leverage. I also put a piece of shrink wrap on the key to make it easier to spin the key with my fingers and stop the wrench from sliding down.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Orange Juice
One other thing. Taking the intake on and off is a pain. I ended up cutting a 5mm allen key making it into a straight shaft and using a 5mm box end wrench to slip over the top for leverage. I also put a piece of shrink wrap on the key to make it easier to spin the key with my fingers and stop the wrench from sliding down.
You should have asked. I have quite the assortment of Allen key wrenches and ball ends etc. That is all I use on the Harrop. Not like we live far apart.

Though they are at Scott's from the race, I'd have got them for you.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Dale, it all worked out.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:31 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man its those damn little things that can drive you nuts! Glad you got it sorted out buddy!!!!!
Old 06-06-2016, 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I you have not finished the porting let me know. I have a 245 TEA port you can use when the intake is off. It needs a couple points for location though. I had it made for the flow bench.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Still waiting on one fitting to close off a port on the regulator and then run the return line.

Quick Reply: Cleaning up little things