Canadian Members We never leave because we have The Beer Store

TFBM 1st Drag race, St.Thomas, May 17

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TFBM 1st Drag race, St.Thomas, May 17

First Drag Racing points event of the season.

Saturday, May 17 LAMC + Toronto F-Body Club + Test & Tune Gates open - 10 Time Trials - 11 Eliminations - 2 $30/test & tune $10/crew or spectator

Trafalgar Rd is a better meeting place than Yorkville since were going west anyways. A few minutes before 8am and leave at 8am since the track opens at 10am, and it will take just under 2 hours to get there.

There is a Sunoco in Woodstock or and Esso service station just after Woodstock we can stop for gas. And to meet up with any Westenders.

Ian will bring the Mobil 1 oil and swag for prizes.

Goggle Maps Route

Info about Bracket racing

TFBM Drag racing rules
Old 05-16-2008, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Well the forecast is 70% chance of rain, so we have to cancel, AGAIN! With the chance for rain that high we don't want to waste everyones day. Not to mention the cost of gas.
The weather should be much better for the next Drag event at St.Thomas on July 12.

Old 05-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Staging Lane

Issued: 5.00 AM EDT Saturday 17 May 2008

Today:Cloudy. A few showers this morning. Clearing this afternoon. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light this afternoon. High 19. UV index 6 or high.

OK we are going to go and try to get some T&T runs in.

Meeting at Trafalgar and 401 at 9:30am

Anyone is welcome to join us, my cell is 416-771-7550
Old 05-17-2008, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Well that was a great day!

Met Jason at Trafalgar, noticed a vibration when coasting, pulled off the highway, found one broken wheel stud and four loose nuts, went to tighten them with my torque wrench and it's busted. Must have why they were loose. Thank goodness Jason was there with his wrench. Also another one broke. Then a CAA tow truck pulls up and says, do you need help, what perfect timing, I'm a CAA member too so the tow was free. Ian was a big help calling the Meineke, texting me the address and phone number. Called Lisa-Marie and she ordered new wheel studs, stock was all that was available, But they worked great!! The wheel was a little damaged so I put on my ET Streets at the shop, drove to the track with them, Jason said they sound like sticky fly paper on the highway. We got to the track just as they were starting racing after the rain. The first two runs were just warm up, all the runs for the rest of the day were 11.3x at 120mph. Red lighted on the first round vs. Hong by .07 Hong won and even beat the mustang. I had to tell him it wasn't an official points race and there was no prizes.
Thanks for all the help and advice, Jason, Ian, and Dean.
Turned out to be a fun day, can't wait for the next one.

Quick Reply: TFBM 1st Drag race, St.Thomas, May 17