Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Fuel pump and regulator questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump and regulator questions

So I just go my carbed 5.3l running last night and It keeps on stalling on me. I messed with the carb(edelbrock 750) a bit and got it running steadily but at what seems to be at a very high rpm. This made me Wonder a few things....
1. Do I need to install a regulator on a carb set up?(I'm running a Mallory 110 fuel pump and have a Mallory regulator but not installed.
2. What pressure should I be running my fuel at.
3. Is a return line necessary and if so how would I go about pluming it. I'm curently running a straight line connecting my tank,Filters,pump and possibly a regulator...
Any suggestions would greatly help. Pics and sketches work best
Old 10-04-2011, 05:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

People probably get tired of seeing me post this link but it does a good job of describing how to set up a fuel system

http://www.centuryperformance.com/fu...e-spg-140.html

That Comp 110 pump has an internal regulator and should put your pressure near 7 psi (at the pump). You don't "need" an external regulator with it.

You need a pressure gauge at the carb. I run about 6 psi. If you are way off from that then the pump does have a pressure adjustment on it. You shouldn't need to mess with that though.

Stalling at idle makes me think float level, idle mixture screws and possible vacuum leaks.

Quick Reply: Fuel pump and regulator questions