Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

carbed lq4 with 6010 issues.(very hard to start)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carbed lq4 with 6010 issues.(very hard to start)

alright i have a 2004 6.0 shortblock with comp cam 54-444-. im using the 6010 msd box a edelbrock carb and rpm intake. the engine is new and when it does fire up runs flawlessly. but it is very hard to start. sometimes backfires through the carb if i give it a little gas spudders and everything. the first few times i started the motor it started easly and ran great but after a few days it got harder and harder to start. now it takes a few minutes of fiddling with it to get it to fire. i checked each individual plug wire with my timing light for spark durning cranking and every one is getting spark but the engine is not fireing? mabey spark plugs? or timing on the msd box? ive tried every pill it came with and no difference. its not fuel related i think its eather timing related? any sugjestions? is this what one does when the cam sensor is failing?
Old 08-12-2012, 01:45 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Th box can tell you if there is a sensor going bad or is bad. Just hook it up to the lap top and try to fire it, it usually will diagnose the issue. Was it really rich? If so the plugs can be so fowled it will not want to start.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont even know how to plug in the computor to it or where? only oirt i see on the box is where the pill goes? but i did go ahead and buy a new cam sensor and it works perfectly fine now! thanks for the info and could you tell me how to hook a computor to it id be interested in seeing the timing it runs and id like to be able to adjust it for when i put the nitrous to it. BTW this thing is a freakin screamer. I dont think im ever gonna go back to an old school sbc after seeing what these 6.0s will do.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

There is a serial port opening on the end opposite of the wires entering the box. You will be able to experiment with custom curves that will severly increase power.
Old 08-12-2012, 11:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/carburete...-when-hot.html

Quick Reply: carbed lq4 with 6010 issues.(very hard to start)