Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Guys w/ Demon Carbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Default Guys w/ Demon Carbs

What size idle feed restrictors you running for a clean idle ?
I'm thinking of opening mine up since I could never get it to idle clean.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 106 Likes on 94 Posts

Well, this thing has always been rich at idle and I'm wanting to do something about it now
This will be my winter project I think....and door bars....I think I'm gonna need them

Anywho....found this so far....
it is easy to do and it worked for me, I had to tune my 1090 for the idle circut and found a .001 change in the restrictor was not enough change to fix the problem, mine actually poured fuel from the idle feeds under the plates. I went from a .046 idle air bleed up to a .070 to clean it up. Very easy way to tell is find another set of air bleeds that are larger in the intermediate circut if you have one and swap them. mine had .040 stock in the idle .070 in the intermediate and .029 in the high speed circuts..so I just swapped until it ran good at idle then drilled my stockers to .070
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just stepped the air bleeds up to .071 and I got a little more adjustablity out of the idle screws and now I can use the idle eze alittle bit. I also have the idle screws out 3/4 on all 4 corners. I think im going to step up the air bleeds to a .073 and see what happens.

Quick Reply: Guys w/ Demon Carbs