Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

My first LSX **VIDEO**

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 03:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first LSX **VIDEO**

I mostly lurk here but wanted to share what I built this year.

Last spring I built my first carb'd LSX. It's a 6.0 with flat-tops flycut, L92 heads milled .030, Tick cam, Vic Jr. intake, MSD ignition, and a Pro-Systems 4150.

The motor is in a 1600 pound sprint car we run on a 1/4 mile oval track on a frozen pond up here in NH. It is the first LS on the ice, and our goal was to make it the fastest on the track. We succeeded. The benchmark to this point is the 73 car seen in the video. It runs a 408 small block with dart iron eagle heads and about 12.5:1 compression. Our car is the 11 in the video. We ran him on the outside (a much slower groove due to the snow "meal" that builds during the race) just to see who would be faster. This particular race we were turning 6900 RPM's at the end of the straights. The little LS truck motor yanked him out of the corners and down the chute every time.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy what we do up here to pass the time.

In car from this heat race and the feature (kinda boring after the end of the heat, but it gives perspective to how terrible the visibility is when you aren't out front)

Old 03-10-2015, 03:34 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Dude, you were wasting him coming out of the turns! That was the coolest thing I've seen all day. Did not know people did that in the snow.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:46 PM
Teching In

We kind of had a point to prove in the heat race. We knew we were faster, but there were plenty of doubters out there. After the first pass he could have gone low and sealed the low groove and it would have flat out walked away, but we wanted to put on a show and end any doubt we were faster, so we took the far slower groove and still pulled away.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

that looks like a blast!
Old 03-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Where do I sign up?!!!!! That looks like all kinds of fun.
Old 03-11-2015, 03:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's awesome. My old man is up in Ashland, I have always wanted to get up and check out the ice racing scene up there. One of these days ill do it.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the things you guys do on the ice up there is just flat out awesome. between this and the merril ice drags, you guys have given a proverbial middle finger to old man winter. great job!
Old 03-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Winnipesaukee? I know where I am in the state nobody knows anything about LS swaps they are still stuck in SBC land.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shoddyfbody
Winnipesaukee? I know where I am in the state nobody knows anything about LS swaps they are still stuck in SBC land.
We are in Moultonborough. We race on Lee pond and Berry pond. Nobody around here is doing anything LS, but I wanted to build one so I did. It turned some heads for sure. We had a few bugs to work most of the season but the motor was a monster. It seemed like we had about a 40% chance of making the feature this year, but if we made it to the feature the car won 100% of the time LOL. I have learned a lot from this one and plan to put another one together this summer for next winter. I am going to try some shaved 317's on the next motor. Smaller runners but I will probably bump the compression more as I only run 100 octane and the air is so cold I am not too worried about detonation. I am thinking if I can run around 12.5:1 the motor should probably run well.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:18 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad the cam is doing well! That looks awesome!
Old 03-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Glad the cam is doing well! That looks awesome!
You know it! That's why I called you yesterday about ordering another one.

Quick Reply: My first LSX **VIDEO**