Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Carb ls2 pcv system

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Carb ls2 pcv system

I just have the pcv system to finish to complete my ls swap. After an hour searching online for correct routing etc all I can find is Efi set ups. Is anything different for a carb? Do I get a vented catch can? I have both valve covers that have vent ports as well as a port coming out the front of valley cover? Anyone have a diagram of what each port should do would help great! Thanks
Old 07-04-2015, 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 105 Likes on 93 Posts

They did go to the intake in the EFI ...I went with a catch can / air-oil separator.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:36 AM
On The Tree

Do you have a picture Doug? Also did all lines go to the catch can? Thanks
Old 07-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you have the same as me . I put a fitting in the intake behind and just under carb and run it to the valley cover . The valve covers I added a small filter to pass side and drivers side . I felt this would give me the best flow from the head to the crank case to the valley cover from both sides . Air in and air out . I did not want to pull vacuum from the heads where the oil is slung around and suspended in the air . This could be pulled into the hose easily . So far this has worked good . I have no oil loss or very little that I can detect . You could put a non vented catch can between the valley cover and the fitting in the intake behind the carb if you feel the need to .

Here's a picture showing the filter that I mounted in the extra head bolt hole on the pass side , and the valley cover . I have a filter on the drivers side also .These 2 filters are for air intake to the valley fitting . This worked great for me with no problems .
Attached Thumbnails Carb ls2 pcv system-kooks-headers-014.jpg  

Last edited by homemade87; 07-04-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 105 Likes on 93 Posts

I don't have a vent on the valley cover, just the valve covers....

Carb ls2 pcv system-airaid.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Carb ls2 pcv system-breather.jpg  
Old 07-04-2015, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

I just bought a VMS catch can from ebay. Come with a breather but can be installed with or without it. If you gonna connect a vacuum line to it then no breather. It seems like pretty nice piece for how cheap it was.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by homemade87
Sounds like you have the same as me . I put a fitting in the intake behind and just under carb and run it to the valley cover . The valve covers I added a small filter to pass side and drivers side . I felt this would give me the best flow from the head to the crank case to the valley cover from both sides . Air in and air out . I did not want to pull vacuum from the heads where the oil is slung around and suspended in the air . This could be pulled into the hose easily . So far this has worked good . I have no oil loss or very little that I can detect . You could put a non vented catch can between the valley cover and the fitting in the intake behind the carb if you feel the need to .

Here's a picture showing the filter that I mounted in the extra head bolt hole on the pass side , and the valley cover . I have a filter on the drivers side also .These 2 filters are for air intake to the valley fitting . This worked great for me with no problems .

Do you have any funky smells from the engine compartment venting this way?
Old 07-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dropped72ss
Do you have any funky smells from the engine compartment venting this way?
You must not understand how this set up works . There is air intake from the 2 valve covers and drawn thru the engine and pulled into the intake from the valley cover . There is nothing expelled in the open air from the engine . It all runs thru the engine to be burned if anything . There would not be anything to have an odor . The 2 filters are intakes not exhaust out of the filters . Think about the flow and you will understand .
Old 07-05-2015, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Ok so a filter on each valve cover, then run a line from valley cover w pcv valve to back of intake manifold?
Old 07-06-2015, 06:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dropped72ss
Ok so a filter on each valve cover, then run a line from valley cover w pcv valve to back of intake manifold?

This is correct , but you don't have to add a pcv valve . The valley cover has one built in in . Just add the hose to the intake vacuum . You could add a pcv in line if you would like but not necessary .
Old 07-06-2015, 12:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I run a ls6 valley cover to a vacuum line on the intake with a filter on each valve cover.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by homemade87
This is correct , but you don't have to add a pcv valve . The valley cover has one built in in . Just add the hose to the intake vacuum . You could add a pcv in line if you would like but not necessary .
Are you sure about the valley cover already having a PCV valve? Not changing, it is just that I have the same thing and I ran a PCV valve with it.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Are you sure about the valley cover already having a PCV valve? Not changing, it is just that I have the same thing and I ran a PCV valve with it.
Pop , I did not add one to mine . It only draws enough volume to vent the crank case . If it was an open vent it would be a major intake leak . I am pretty sure it has one built in .
Old 07-06-2015, 02:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
I run a ls6 valley cover to a vacuum line on the intake with a filter on each valve cover.
Tx, Sounds like you did the same as me . Mine works great with no issues .
Old 07-06-2015, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood

it's all built into the valley cover. I'm sure a PCV valve inline is fine, but not necessary.
Old 07-07-2015, 05:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well shoot, that is easy then.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Carb ls2 pcv system