Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

New custom cam

Old 02-14-2017, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New custom cam

Those of you that know me here, know my car has ran pretty good. 6.24 with the old 6.0 at 2935lbs, been 6.02 with this combo and the old 6.0 custom cam. I'm selling that cam, and Ed has already spec'd my new one, so hopefully, the personal best in my sig will soon be lowered.
Ed says it should make significant more midrange and top end. So.....im pulling the trigger. Wish me luck.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I smell 5.80s in the air.
Old 02-14-2017, 02:18 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

One way to find out!
Old 02-14-2017, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by newschool72
I smell 5.80s in the air.
Id love to see some 5.80s. I think the old cam had 5.9s in it. The car usually was almost a tenth slower straight off the trailer. Last time out, it went 6.06 off the trailer, then spun, then spun again and broke rear end. I missed my chance at 5.9s that night. We got the new tires and double adjustables on the rear now, so once I get that dialed in, I don't think 5.8s gonna be a problem.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

suicidal racing bought the cam. The new one should be done soon, I'm waiting on payment for a trans I did to finish paying for my new cam. Spoke to some knowledgeable people on my rear shocks. They said they believe there is the possibility if I get the shock settings right, I may see a high 1.teen 60ft. But I am adding a little more power, so I am anxious to see how this works out.
We went out 2 weeks ago before I pulled cam to see how suspension was. Off the trailer the car wheelie'd a small wheelie, 1.27 60ft, next pass 1.25 60ft @ 6.10. The previous best 60, was at about 45 degrees. It was about 73 this weekend. The car almost got its best 60 when I found out I didn't have the rear shocks right. I checked them, and didn't have the right rear adjusted at all. It was on 0 comp and rebound. DUH!!! I thought that why the car was having spinning issues and going right. I thought yep, I'll fix this and set both sides just alike. But that was wrong too. LOL. I had compression loose and rebound tight. Car wouldn't move in the rear. I went out 3rd round and done lots of research. Come to find out, if your car wants to separate in the rear on launch, it takes a different setting on the comp and rebound. I decided I am going out now and setting comp on about 10, rebound at 0 and working my way up till it spins. Then I will back it down and fine tune it. everyone says if I set the rear like that, I better tighten the front, cause its going to come up quick. We will see.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My car wants to separate and doesn't like a loose rebound seting like everyone says you need with a radial
Good luck
Old 03-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

I have had the best luck with the front shocks set full tight on the rebound (extension) and about in the middle on the compression so to help stop it from bouncing on the landing.

On the rear I have the best luck with full tight on the compression and in the middle on the rebound (extension).

One of my local buddies has an 9 second LS powered Mustang and he was having terrible trouble hooking up using the old school idea of full loose on the front shock extension. He changed to the settings that I recommend and dead hooked for the rest of the night.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

new cam is in.....sounds pretty dam mean. Ed Curtis ask if he could get stupid on this design, I said ,as long as stupid means fast....LOL. So we will see.gonna try and have new exhaust set up too. I got a x pipe with band clamps at header end to get rid of my leak in that area, and the new mini bullets. LOL. Not much muffler, but mines about the same open headers to these big bullets. The ones I have now are around 4-5 inch diameter, and about 16 inches long, so I'm hoping to like the sound of the x pipe.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:25 PM
TECH Resident

now to get the front end to stay on the ground.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New custom cam