Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Carb leak?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb leak?

OK truck has not been run in maybe 2 months. Putting in new rearend, having baby, and busy at work. Well anyways I'm putting a Vic Jr on cause I got a nitrous outlet stinger plate but when I took my old intake off and was looking down the runners I noticed all of the valves that were closed had a small pool of fuel on them? I also noticed when I took the carb off there was no fuel in the bowls. Can a carb leak down like that because of sitting that long? I'm assuming it's fuel puddled up because I doubt everyone of the valve seals is bad and leaking oil. Maybe it's just me freaking out idk I could have hit the gas a few times and shot fuel out of the squirters
Old 04-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That'a what it sounds like. If you want to verify that it is an internal leak just fill to bowls to their proper level and set the carb up on something so you can look at the throttle plates, chances are you will see a drip coming out from them. A fresh set of gaskets should take care of it.

Quick Reply: Carb leak?