799 heads ??? - LS1TECH



Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

799 heads ???

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2017, 06:06 PM   #1
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
jaywill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: REIDSVILLE,NC
Posts: 1,323
Default 799 heads ???

on a lq4 should i mill or leave them ??? i would like 2 be around 11.1cr
jaywill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #2
Old School Heavy
iTrader: (16)
 
speedtigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,263
Default

If you have a stock bottom end LQ4, it could cause you piston-to-valve clearance problems depending on which camshaft you have. Outside of that, more compression is better for n/a.
speedtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:34 PM   #3
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
jaywill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: REIDSVILLE,NC
Posts: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtigger View Post
If you have a stock bottom end LQ4, it could cause you piston-to-valve clearance problems depending on which camshaft you have. Outside of that, more compression is better for n/a.
CAM..282/232..588/595 lift..114
jaywill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #4
11 Second Club
 
Doug G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Harford Co. Maryland
Posts: 3,301
Default

.050 mill will raise it 1 point (10.4:1)....could get a thinner head gasket to raise it a little more (or a combo like .030 shave with a .030 gasket Vs. a .050 shave and need a fly-cut)
....not going to get to 11:1 without swapping heads and/or pistons.

Piston swap will get you the best combo of cam and compression.
Doug G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:55 PM   #5
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
jaywill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: REIDSVILLE,NC
Posts: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug G View Post
.050 mill will raise it 1 point (10.4:1)....could get a thinner head gasket to raise it a little more (or a combo like .030 shave with a .030 gasket Vs. a .050 shave and need a fly-cut)
....not going to get to 11:1 without swapping heads and/or pistons.

Piston swap will get you the best combo of cam and compression.
what is the cr with just stock 799w/64cc ??? is it 10.2
jaywill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:02 PM   #6
Old School Heavy
iTrader: (16)
 
speedtigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywill View Post
CAM..282/232..588/595 lift..114
Did you mean 228/232 on 114? If so, it most likely has a 110 or 112 degree intake centerline. If I am right about that, then you could mill up to .025"-.030" if you wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywill View Post
what is the cr with just stock 799w/64cc ??? is it 10.2
It is about 10.14:1. If you mill the heads .020" it becomes about 10.5:1. If you mill the heads .030" it becomes about 10.75:1
speedtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:32 PM   #7
11 Second Club
 
Doug G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Harford Co. Maryland
Posts: 3,301
Default

Sorry, got LQ4 and breezed right over the 799 heads....had 70cc on the brain
Doug G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #8
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
jaywill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: REIDSVILLE,NC
Posts: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtigger View Post
Did you mean 228/232 on 114? If so, it most likely has a 110 or 112 degree intake centerline. If I am right about that, then you could mill up to .025"-.030" if you wanted to.



It is about 10.14:1. If you mill the heads .020" it becomes about 10.5:1. If you mill the heads .030" it becomes about 10.75:1
yes thats what i ment thanks a lot TIGGER ! use .051 gaskets ???
jaywill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 PM   #9
TECH Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
jaywill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: REIDSVILLE,NC
Posts: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug G View Post
Sorry, got LQ4 and breezed right over the 799 heads....had 70cc on the brain
That's kool..
jaywill is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying used Diablosport I-1000 apueschel PCM Diagnostics & Tuning 1 10-15-2015 10:56 AM
How do I leave feedback? blu byu User Support & Resources 4 08-21-2013 07:24 AM
port job darrell hoagland LT1-LT4 Modifications 6 06-14-2006 03:55 PM
can I reuse my Cometic gaskets? SELLSZ06 Forced Induction 4 01-03-2006 01:38 PM
Front Swaybar?? 1MEANSS Suspension & Brakes 6 04-25-2003 12:20 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send