Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Anyone have any good writeups on how to build a blow through carb?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 07:10 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have any good writeups on how to build a blow through carb?

Hey guys does anyone have any good writeups on how to build a good blow through carburator? So far only one I found was hangar 18. I built my carb to there specs but wonder if there is more I can do to help the carb out.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

You really need to up your Google search abilities. My neighbor enlisted my help 8 or 9 years ago in building a blow-through setup, and even then there was a ton of info on the web. That being said, actually getting a carb to work from idle to 30#s of boost with the right A/F ratio was a nightmare. This was on a procharger setup with a perfectly predictable boost curve. I can't imagine the issues that would come up on a turbo build. If I actually remembered all the crap we had to do to make it right I would post it up, but that was a one-off for me, and a lot of years have passed.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I did everything that hangar 18 said to do and I am guessing I am just running into troubles trying to dial it in to get it tuned correctly. Reason I say that is it seems like every pass I have been doing the car been slowing up more and more.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Though the Hangar18 mod is a good base for blowthrough, that's really all it is; a base to get it to work. I personally run a CSU dual needle and seat 750 billet annular unit from Kevin Van Noy and it runs flawless. From my experience using a boost reference powervalve is was makes or breaks the carb from working. there are other mods like the Crutch mod but things get complicated. Im not sure what your budget is but maybe saving for a few weeks and sending the carb off to kevin will save you a ton of time and possibly your motor.

I would also do some reading on www.theturboforums.com to help you figure out what you need to do tuning wise with the carb. There is a TON of info there. goodluck

Quick Reply: Anyone have any good writeups on how to build a blow through carb?