Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

New to carb- ls3 Build

Old 08-16-2017, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to carb- ls3 Build

I dont need anything crazy or super fancy, just looking for a god stout motor.

what i have is an l92, its going to machine shop tomorrow going to determine if need 4.075 4.080, either way.
vic jr single plane
pro systems carb, 850 i believe, had them build it about 8 months ago as thats when i planned on doing the build.

i bought a set of used scoggin dickey cnc ls3 heads, have dual springs, stainless valves and trunion upgraded rockers, theyre not milled, just re surfaced.
will do 1 7/8 headers

going to be ordering an msd 6014.
the motor i have was a burnt unit, so i will have to acquire a wire harness which i believe i can get thru chevy performance?

what is a solid cam choice? the asked a million time question.
might do nitrous, but wont be right off the bat, is that going to make a huge difference in my cam choice?
can i just get a flat top piston without reliefs? or should i get reliefs?

planning on going in a 76 nova, 350 trans, not sure what going to do with gears and rear end at the moment, just kind of want a motor that can be thrown in anythying and have a 550ish flywheel hp?

im stumped and just want a solid build to follow.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The MSD comes with a complete harness. You just need to wire up gauges, fans and alternator
Old 08-17-2017, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely get valve reliefs. It will greatly increase your range of camshaft selection.

As far as selecting a camshaft, I would contact one of the many great manufacturers and get a custom one made.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they will porbably want to know gear selection car weight etc, and im not certain what im going to put the motor in, going to hook to an auto and like 34-3600 stall, just oging to be a fun little street car, just looking for something thatll be all around adequate and not 100% certain what to choose thru the carb and single plane. tick recommended their street heat 2 thats 625 605 231 236 113+3

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to carb- ls3 Build