Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Tunnel Ram Carbs

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tunnel Ram Carbs

First post here. Thanks in advance for any help.
So my current set up is a 6.0 with a victor jr. and 750 dp in a jet boat. It makes right at 500 at the flywheel. I am happy with the performance, but want to add a tunnel ram purely for looks. I have read everything that I can find and it should pick up the power slightly in the rpm range that I run. Those not familiar with jets, they will flash to what ever rpm that they run from a dead stop. My motor turns my pump 5800, and if mashed from a dead stop jumps straight to that rpm and the boat accelerates. It cruises at ~3000 and requires ~80 hp to turn the pump that rpm. The only test that I can find used two 950s? I am going with the Holley Hi Ram and looking for input on carbs. Was thinking a pair of 600dp. I also found All State carburetor offers a 550 tunnel ram carb set.

Thanks
Mark
Old 07-08-2018, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I would call or email Patrick at Pro Systems....Let them build the carbs for your application .......All my Pro Systems carbs that they build for my Ls motors runs like EFI....out of the box...

Quick Reply: Tunnel Ram Carbs