Notices
Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

can someone tell my why?

Old 02-03-2019, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Default can someone tell my why?

I have an 05 5.3 with 60143 box, MSD Atomic EFI and Dakota Digital gauges. with this setup I need three temp sensors.
yesterday I put the car on my lift and drained the radiator overnight. this morning I pulled the sensor from the driver side head and installed new sensor.(no problem). went to the pass head to remove the factory plug from the sensor hole. when I broke it loose water shot out like it was under pressure. I plugged it back up, got my bucket and then backed the plug out so the water could drain. after that I put the bucket back under the radiator and another half gallon of water drained out of it.
anyone know why the radiator didn't completely drain (new radiator?. why would there be water under pressure in the other head after changing the first sensor?
Old 02-04-2019, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

Thermostat ?
Old 02-04-2019, 08:41 PM
Teching In

maybe...I was thinking with the steam tubes they would vent the heads around the T-stat.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:00 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by M7A1V View Post
maybe...I was thinking with the steam tubes they would vent the heads around the T-stat.
Depends on how the steam tube is routed.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: