Notices
Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Oil change after break in

Old 02-20-2019, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Default Oil change after break in

What’s a good oil to run after break in? Street/strip Carbureted 6.0. Did like 4 passes on dyno. Or do I need to leave in longer??
Old 02-20-2019, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I run "break in oil" for the first 1500 miles,,
But change it the first time at about 500.

Several sources sell the high sulphur/zink that will help cam and lifter and rocker contact pints burnish and harden faster.
Roller rollers have made it less important than it is in some engines. IT also helps the timing set mate up.

Don't run a new motor on full synthetic, switch to full synthetic after the rings are well seated.
I've used the semi synthetic blends and they seem to work well for those first couple thousand miles.

Also make sure your using a reasonable viscosity for the parts you have in the engine,
IE: If your running low tension rings you need to run one of the lighter weight oils or the rings will not hold
compression and or foul. (I have one engine that uses 0W-20,, good pressure and runs great.)
I also have a engine set up with Heavy rings, and it gets 20W-50, with lighter oil it eats oil like a pig..

YMMV
Old 02-21-2019, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: