Notices
Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Holley intake cathedral port shape

Old 03-20-2019, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Default Holley intake cathedral port shape

I've been a little single plane curious, my current combination is running great on an edelbrock dual plane.

The port shape of the Holley manifolds do not follow the cathedral port shape, they are rectangular. What is the reasoning for this? The port in the manifold appears to be smaller than the head port. Science or just cheap China parts?
Old 03-20-2019, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

The "peak" of the cathedral port in the head is where the injector squirts the fuel. Look at a stock manifold. The injector is above the port. That is why cathedral ports are shaped as they are.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma View Post
The "peak" of the cathedral port in the head is where the injector squirts the fuel. Look at a stock manifold. The injector is above the port. That is why cathedral ports are shaped as they are.
Thank you, I never owned a stock manifold but just looked at some pics, you're right. Edelbrock obviously bothers to port match the whole cathedral. I'd guess the efi setup is maybe taking advantage of this turbulence with placement of the injector, where on a carb setup it may not be ideal.. Just thoughts.

Search this Thread

About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: