Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Accepting/Requesting Camaro Picture Submissions!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Accepting/Requesting Camaro Picture Submissions!

Hey guys, I spent hours today going through my hard drive and preparing photos to be used on my website (I'm pooped haha), and I discovered I am lacking good pictures of a few colors and years necessary to make my Paint Color Production Numbers page really shine.

This is the page for those not familiar:
http://brangeta.googlepages.com/4thg...arohistory2222

I haven't had time to update all of the text, but the photos are as updated as I can currently update, because I ran out of low-mileage Camaro pics that were good quality.

Rules:

1) picture(s) must be good quality
2) picture must be a 3/4 shot like the rest of the pics on the page
3) car must be absolutely 100% stock looking and flawless. Therefore, the car likely needs to be a low mileage car (NO HEADLIGHT HAZE on '98+ cars in particular), and it cannot have a body kit, aftermarket wheels, or any other modification visible in the pic whatsoever.

Years/Cars I need:

1) Please... someone provide a great picture of a '97 in Bright Purple Metallic. I've been looking for years and have never found a good pic.
2) I need good pics of Bright Green Metallic for all/any years.
3) Need a purple pearl picture where the car actually looks purple instead of charcoal like the pic I have on there.
4) My medium patriot red picture is awful quality, I need a better one
5) Need mystic teal '99 to '01 car
6) Navy blue, any year but '02
7) Light pewter, but not an '02
8) '98+ Sebring Silver
9) '98+ Bright Red

Those last two or three should have been easy, but strangely, I've never saved pics. I'm biased towards the '93-'97 cars, so I don't have as many '98+ Camaro pics unless they are Berger or some other special one...

Any help would be great!
Old 06-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 06-13-2009, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry dude, those pics aren't clear enough for me to use (well, the rear one is, but I don't need a rear shot). I'm trying really, really, really hard to have only great photos on my site when possible, and this is one section where it is really important.

Thanks for submitting though. If you have any pics that are better, post 'em up!
Old 06-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Launching!

will when i get the car back
having the SLP SS hood painted and installed
Old 06-14-2009, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

1998 Z28 - 140k miles - only 323 Z28s in 98' were this color

Old 06-14-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you have any really old pics before you removed the black grill and changed to the Firebird/Trans Am wheels?

EDIT: Looked at the link in your sig. That first pic would have worked, but the previous owner put snowflake wheels on and replaced the 5-star ones. Snowflakes weren't available until 2000.

It's important to me that the cars look like they just arrived from being built in Canada in this section, so I can't use your pics, sorry.

Do you know anyone else on here who has a Camaro the same color as yours?

Last edited by Brangeta; 06-14-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

Oops.. Didn't see the part where it said "no wheels". But, look.. They're GM wheels.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol you BGM guys all ripped your grills out. Seems like every pic I find has that mod. I found an absolutely perfect V6 BGM one, but guess what? He had '93-'96 salad shooter wheels on it.

The hunt goes on...!

I did just add a '96 RS in sebring silver to the site though, so I'm not entirely striking out.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn if I would have known this I have a rare 00 Z28 LPM hardtop, but I have firebird rims and I have the 69 Z28 badges all the way around and a aftermarket grille. Good luck on the search.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, rarity being a good thing about a car is in the eye of the beholder.

To me, I don't care how rare beige leather is in a Medium Quasar Blue Z28, because I don't think it looks good, so that being rare doesn't increase value to me at all. I'd rather have graphite leather, even if it is more common.

I've been looking for a low mileage '97 Z28 in bright purple metallic for years, and haven't found one. If I found one, and it had a beige/tan interior, I might pass on it, while I wouldn't if it had the dark gray. Rarity can really bite you in the *** if a potential buyer doesn't like your rare options.

'99 Hugger Orange SSes with white leather are popular, so the ones that came with white leather may be more valuable to people looking for a Camaro with that combination.

There were over 8000 light pewter Camaros made in 2000, so it isn't particularly rare but finding one exactly like yours (particularly because of the hard top) would still be difficult. In all of my years of searching, I've only found 3 sebring silver 1995 Z28s with hardtops (like our '95), two were automatic, and 1 was a manual I think. So even with common colors, it's still hard to find your car's twin, unless you have a bright red, black, or arctic white car, which are so common, that you can probably find your car's twin pretty easily.

I'll have the production data for each year on the site in a little while. I have that data; I've just never added it.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brangeta
Do you have any really old pics before you removed the black grill and changed to the Firebird/Trans Am wheels?
The firebird wheels were my buddy's winter wheels he let me borrow, as I hate those stupid snowflakes with a passion. When I bought the car, those were on it... anyway, I might be buying a set of chrome 5 star reg 16 camaro wheels. I also have the orig grille. If I get them this week, I will take a pic and throw it your way.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

SWEET! That'd be awesome.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool I will probably go through the info just to learn some more. I know about rarity biting you in the ***, I had a dark bronze mist metallic grand am and that was one of the lowest production colored grand ams built from 2001 to 03, No one would buy it when i had it for sale, the color was the reason, it didn't have the appeal to most people, it was too subtle.

The cool thing is my car isn't a complete stripper, it came with a few luxury items, such as power windows, cruise control, and power locks. I understand the preference thing, that is any SOM fbody to me, that color is obnoxious and really kills just about every fbody in my opinion, but there are a crap ton of guys who love that color.

It is cool to see people keeping the fbody info going, most (not all) but most guys who buy the 4th gens are just some guy/kid looking to go fast out the box, I love the older ones more than my 00 Z28, I will never sell my car but I would spend more time/attention to a first or second gen.

Well, rarity being a good thing about a car is in the eye of the beholder.

To me, I don't care how rare beige leather is in a Medium Quasar Blue Z28, because I don't think it looks good, so that being rare doesn't increase value to me at all. I'd rather have graphite leather, even if it is more common.

I've been looking for a low mileage '97 Z28 in bright purple metallic for years, and haven't found one. If I found one, and it had a beige/tan interior, I might pass on it, while I wouldn't if it had the dark gray. Rarity can really bite you in the *** if a potential buyer doesn't like your rare options.

'99 Hugger Orange SSes with white leather are popular, so the ones that came with white leather may be more valuable to people looking for a Camaro with that combination.

There were over 8000 light pewter Camaros made in 2000, so it isn't particularly rare but finding one exactly like yours (particularly because of the hard top) would still be difficult. In all of my years of searching, I've only found 3 sebring silver 1995 Z28s with hardtops (like our '95), two were automatic, and 1 was a manual I think. So even with common colors, it's still hard to find your car's twin, unless you have a bright red, black, or arctic white car, which are so common, that you can probably find your car's twin pretty easily.

I'll have the production data for each year on the site in a little while. I have that data; I've just never added it.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just wait til you see what I am building for the 1993 Production section...
Old 06-15-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just wait til you see what I am building for the 1993 Production section...
Niceee with that kind of teaser i am in severe anticipation.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 PM
12 Second Club

How about this? Back in my girly wheel days.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL the bright green metallic pics are all cursed. My reaction: "great pics....awesome stock looking car... O_O... crap! The Z28 emblems are missing!"

Sorry, but I gotta be picky. I'm trying to put together like... the web's authority on 4th gen Camaros. I can't put anything on there that isn't accurate.

...then again... I could use Photoshop...
Old 06-16-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

1996 rs vert

Last edited by fbodyrs96; 06-17-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy mother of ginormous pictures batman.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey hey! There we go! A pic I can use!

I think I commented on pics of this car on flickr the other day, but it had 10-spoke SS wheels.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accepting/Requesting Camaro Picture Submissions!