Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

new 81 350 need advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new 81 350 need advice

Alright, here's the scoop. I just got home from afghanistan, found out my wife cheated on me and out of complete spite im following my dream of building a bad *** camaro.

Heres the specs of the 81 I just bought from a friend.
350 motor rebuilt with mild cam, intake, carb. Dual exhuast 1 chamber flowmasters, dynomax headers.

My goal is to make it a 10-11 second car, if that is practical with the 350. I don't know much about this engine, so suggestions for where I should start parts wise is greatly appreciated. No price limit, but would prefer to get the best bang for my buck. So where do I begin? I could use the help. I'm trying to avoid buying the same part 10 different times until I find the right one. That's why I'm here!
Old 01-31-2010, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a real easy way to get some power is go with a nice heads/cam/intake package. you could also get real indepth and toss some nice pistons rods and crank etc in. try to find out the specs on that 350. are you lookin to build just a straight drag car? or are you looking to weekend the track? 10-11's are for sure reason able with a 350. but you're also gonna have to build the car around the motor. you'll have to have the proper suspension and you'll have to strengthen the chasis a bit. there's plenty of information to be obtained from plenty of sources around this site