Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Billet 2 Gen Shift Plate and indicator for auto Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billet 2 Gen Shift Plate and indicator for auto Questions

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...02#post1389302

I'm trying to gauge interest in a new product.

I am devolving a shift plate indicator for the stock horseshoe shifter, that would also help with the column shifter and header problems. This plate will be Billet with an option for powder coating and we will have multi color LED lights or just single color light. The cover will have to be sent to us for powder coating or polishing while the center indicator piece will be new form us. I hope to hear you thought on whether this will be received as a positive option for our cars.

Thanks,

Better pics coming also because of the size limit its been hard.

I wanted to thank you guys for your input,

These are new pictures but they are still hard to shot. We will include the new allen screws in the package. Also the next pictures will have the 3-6 led lights in the shifter plate illuminating the indicators from underneath the center plate controlled from the light switch.

We haven't set a price but I was thinking around 200 bucks without shipping remember this will kill the need of an aftermarket shifter like B&M. Also it will be back-lit like the first Gen cars. So if you have headers your indicator problem is now solved. And it stays true to the car, but please remember the cost of aluminum and powder coating and polishing as well as LED lights are not cheap.

Another option is sending you the center piece unfinished for around 60.00 bucks without shipping.

But again this is not set in stone we are just a couple of guys who thought people would have an interest because of the problems we had with modifying these cars.

We also are coming up with a solution for the wilwood rear wheel staggered disk brake parking brake problem.

Also if you have run into problems that the car market hasn't addressed please sound off..

And again thanks guys...