Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Tail Light Question for 1998 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tail Light Question for 1998 Z28

I've got a 1998 Z28, and just noticed the tail lights only light up at the first part after the reflector.

I figured I would just find out myself because I'm almost 100% positive that the entire light to the edge of it is supposed to light up, not just the first part. But after checking online, I see videos of peoples camaros with the entire light working, as well as a lot looking like mine. It's a minor annoyance, so I figure a lot of people probably would just leave it be so I figured to get a definite answer I would ask here.

It doesn't light up in that spot no matter what(Turn signal,hazards,brake,etc)

Here's two pictures of the taillights. It's supposed to light up all the way to the part where the taillight ends as it starts to wrap around the body right? What size bulb is that so I can go pick one up(if I'm right in thinking it's supposed to light up that is) I also circled the area I'm talking about in a copy of one of the pictures.

Thanks ahead of time, and for any info you guys give me.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That area is only lite up @ night when your headlights are on so that means the little bulb is burnt out.I dont know the size but it is a small one and the tailight comes out very easy.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:54 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Checked my subscribed threads and didn't see your reply. Just noticed it right now. Thanks a lot, found the size on a chart online. Will be picking two bulbs up tomorrow. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Tail Light Question for 1998 Z28