Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Is this as bad as putting SS badges on a V6?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is this as bad as putting SS badges on a V6?

I have a 2001 Camaro V6 and I am looking into getting a new hood. I really like the look of the SS hoods and am considering putting one of those on it. I didn't know if that was one of those things that bugs people as much as miss badging. I'm not trying to make people think it's an SS just make the car look better.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Banned

I don't think other body parts like hoods or bumpers or whatnot will 'offend' people like a false badge does. I know I wouldn't think twice about it, at least...
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

IMO dont do it, you will get alot of **** for it, i know when i was in highschool my dad put Z28 emblems on my V6 and i got **** for it from my friends. But i wouldnt do it unless you had the Power to back it up. Its just one of those things if your guna do....you better have the muscle to back it up kinda statements
Old 06-29-2011, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chaos07
IMO dont do it, you will get alot of **** for it, i know when i was in highschool my dad put Z28 emblems on my V6 and i got **** for it from my friends. But i wouldnt do it unless you had the Power to back it up. Its just one of those things if your guna do....you better have the muscle to back it up kinda statements
Thats because you put z28 badges on a v6.

OP i think the hood will be fine as long as you dont false badge it.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Teching In

Yea I don't have the power. My dad has limited me to cosmetic mods only. Atleast I can change the exhaust, but I will re think it. Do you think putting an aftermarket hood and body kit will matter?
Old 06-29-2011, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TN4thGen
Yea I don't have the power. My dad has limited me to cosmetic mods only. Atleast I can change the exhaust, but I will re think it. Do you think putting an aftermarket hood and body kit will matter?
Not at all but i would rethink the body kit part. Dont put exhaust on a v6 please. Nothing i hate more than a car that sounds like a pissed off bee.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont think that would be too bad but I wouldnt do anything else....and like lethal bird says DO NOT put dual exhaust on it please.....
dual exhaust on a v6=
Old 06-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Teching In

Dont put exhaust on a v6 please. Nothing i hate more than a car that sounds like a pissed off bee.
Yea I know what you mean. I'm trying to find one that will make it sound low so far i think magnaflow.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TN4thGen
Yea I know what you mean. I'm trying to find one that will make it sound low so far i think magnaflow.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:26 AM
Teching In

NOT put dual exhaust on it please.....
I'm not planning on putting dual all the way out maybe a cat back or just change the muffler. I saw you have black Halos on your car how do you like them? i am thinking about getting some
Old 06-29-2011, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

The halos are ok I just got them because my stock ones were dirty and foggy as **** and I could not get them to clean up right and new stock ones are 250-300 plus.....the halos fit like crap and you have to do alot of adjusting to get them just right but they look pretty cool my advice on wanting to do some appearance mods to your car though leave out the exhaust its a v6 and v6s with dual exhaust is just plain stupid and leave out the body kit....get some halos if you want and some nice flashy rims and leave it and that convince your dad to let you get a ls1
Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cstone812
The halos are ok I just got them because my stock ones were dirty and foggy as **** and I could not get them to clean up right and new stock ones are 250-300 plus.....the halos fit like crap and you have to do alot of adjusting to get them just right but they look pretty cool my advice on wanting to do some appearance mods to your car though leave out the exhaust its a v6 and v6s with dual exhaust is just plain stupid and leave out the body kit....get some halos if you want and some nice flashy rims and leave it and that convince your dad to let you get a ls1
v6 to ls swap should be the #1 on his list. /thread!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by lethal bird
v6 to ls swap should be the #1 on his list. /thread!
Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Hahahaha he would get me one its just insurance for a 16 year old with an ls1 and i would get a procharger but the engine has 80,000 miles and i'm afraid it will blow up. I have a billet grill coming in the mail because the stock one is faided and looks like crap and Chrome indy 500 tsw wheels. I was also considering a pin stripe down the side or somthing
Old 06-29-2011, 12:35 AM
Teching In

I had a v6 camaro and I put an oem ss hood on it. I'm 100% sure it was easier to sell the car with it on, so it'll be worth your investment if you get it at the right price (I got mine for $400 then had to paint it). I had halo headlights but I wasn't really crazy about them. If you do headlights look into the whistler mod. As for the exhaust, if you're really dying to do it, go with magnaflow. My brother has it on his v6 firebird and it's real deep at idle but once he gets above 3000 rpm it starts to sound like Luckily I knew about v6's sounding like crap with exhaust before he even got his exhaust so I didn't invest in it. I had the billet grill too.

But imo just save for a z28 they are not very expensive...good luck.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Teching In

bah.. its your car, not ours. if you want a different exhaust sound from your car who cares what anyone else thinks it sounds like? years ago i changed my whole wardrobe for function over style.. i take **** about it from friends but i'm the one that has to live in the clothes, not them. dont let your life be run by opinions from others.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 AM
TECH Addict

i dont see a problem with SS hood on a V6. go for it dude. enjoy
Old 06-29-2011, 12:48 AM
Teching In

bah.. its your car, not ours. if you want a different exhaust sound from your car who cares what anyone else thinks it sounds like? years ago i changed my whole wardrobe for function over style.. i take **** about it from friends but i'm the one that has to live in the clothes, not them. dont let your life be run by opinions from others
Well said man thanks
Old 06-29-2011, 01:55 AM
TECH Addict

holly s*** some of you guys need to step back and think and actually read the whole thread before you knock the OP. He is 16 years old and this is likely his first car and hes trying to get into the hobby... Not many people start off in a high powered LS1, so why not be encouraging to him and let him enjoy his first car! EVERYONE HAS TO START SOMEWHERE

With that said OP, I would def. go with the SS hood, it will help set the car apart and look better! And like someone else said I would look into the whistler mod as well, it really improves the look of the headlights.
If you REALLY want a body kit, I would look for either a stock RS kit or there are some really nice conservative ones available. Check out the appearance section of this site for appearance ideas that can help improve your cars appearance.

And with the exhaust I say go for it, when I was in high school there were a couple V6 f bodies that had cat backs on them and they sounded pretty good. Of course its not going to sound like a V8, but it won't sound bad at all. I really like magnaflow as it is a little more toned down.

Either way good luck! And Enjoy the car! Its always good to see younger guys getting into the hobby and finding an interest in F-bodies!
Old 06-29-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Some people are entirely too sensitive. It's your car. Do what you like to it!

Quick Reply: Is this as bad as putting SS badges on a V6?