Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

98-02 dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 98-02 dash removal

Does anyone have a or know of a DIY/walk through to remove the dash from a 99 z28?

TIA, jake
Old 11-28-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a quick rundown...

Start with removing your center console, the glovebox, both pillars and then pry the dash pad up and get it out of the way.

Remove the radio, heater controls, light switch and the fuse box on the drivers side of the dash...

Remove the gauge cluster, once you remove the two bolts from the cover you'll have 4 bolts holding in the cluster. Once those are removed just give it a good tug and pull it the rest of the way out.

You'll have some screws along the top of the dash and some along the bottom near the steering column and where the glovebox was...

Once you have all the bolts out you should be able to pull the dash forward a bit, You'll still have 4 bolts in that you'll have to get from the back to detach the vents from the dash...

Once those are out you should be able to pull the dash on out...
You may have to loosen the bolts holding the steering column and let it hang down a bit so you'll be able to get the dash over it...

I think that's about it but if I left anything out I'm sure someone else will chime in... Just use a little common sense and take your time and you'll get it...

Hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...-pictures.html
The following users liked this post:
TedsB4Csled2 (05-23-2021)
Old 11-29-2011, 06:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is great, thanks for the help. I am parting the car so the lack of a roof and windshield should make it a little easier.

thanks again!!

Quick Reply: 98-02 dash removal