Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Do your interior lights stay on w/ doors closed? Here is the fix.$$$$

Old 12-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do your interior lights stay on w/ doors closed? Here is the fix.$$$$

A few weeks ago, on the first frosty night my car has seen in over a year, I stepped into my iced up Camaro. After my car was running, the map light and rear Dome light refused to turn off the whole drive home. Needless to say this is VERY annoying. I tried what I could, but to no avail.

I sent it to my mechanic who tried to save the latches but it was all for naught. Both door's latches were frozen and would not go into full closed position, leaving the body control module to think the doors were open. Each latch cost $104, on top of that my mechanic had to send the car to the local Chevy dealer to reprogram the BCM to accept the new sensors.
The dealership was the rip off, but they always are, they charged $125 for the reprogram. My mechanic who did the latch replacement charged $175 for his labor.

Labor: $307
Parts: $212
Total: $563 w/tax

My mechanic gives cash deals, so it will be $519.

I hope this helps anyone in this situation.

EDIT: Some other people on another forum are saying my mechanic ripped me off and said the job was BS. Well Apparently with remote keyless entry it is a little different than those without. Also My doors close a million times easier so I know the latches were getting hung up.

Last edited by KJZ28; 12-30-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do your interior lights stay on w/ doors closed? Here is the fix.$$$$