Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Next upgrade...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next upgrade...

So my car as it sits has a bone stock ls1 with an slp lid center force clutch flywheel and pressure plate, Hurst shifter, all running to a strange 60 rear end.

I was thinking about going the cam route and keeping the stock heads, but there goes my gas mileage...

LS6 heads would be nice then i could throw some LT headers on and keep my mileage up, along with a fast intake and a tune....

Thoughts or suggestions?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GYTR-YAMI
So my car as it sits has a bone stock ls1 with an slp lid center force clutch flywheel and pressure plate, Hurst shifter, all running to a strange 60 rear end.

I was thinking about going the cam route and keeping the stock heads, but there goes my gas mileage...

LS6 heads would be nice then i could throw some LT headers on and keep my mileage up, along with a fast intake and a tune....

Thoughts or suggestions?
Throwing a used set of LS6 heads (243's) along with a mild cam, say 230/230 591/591 114 from CC will help boost the fun factor and not affect mileage very much or break the bank. I think this brought my setup to about 375rwhp with more to gain with proper tune. Change the springs however to keep things safe. Just my opinion however. There are so many options though for these LS engines.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it really shouldn't hurt your mileage that bad. my cammed 6.0 in my thirdgen makes better mileage than my tpi 350. if you want gas mileage, sell the camaro and buy a prius.

don't do a cam without longtubes either...that would be a waste. you need the peripherals to support your mods.