Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Dashboard dancing/going crazy. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard dancing/going crazy. HELP!

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I just bought a 99 Camaro ls1 6 speed with AFR 1510 heads, high lift cam, ls6 intake, long tube headers and various other aftermarket parts. Today the dashboard started going crazy, all the needles on the gauges went crazy, all the lights on the dash flicker on and off, the engine also sounds like it dies for a second when the dash flickers. Please help guys, I've already checked all the relays, fuses, some ground wires and I haven't found a problem. I really need to get this problem fixed! Thanks
Old 12-13-2013, 12:23 PM

Default 99 ls1 camaro doesnt run without obd 2 scan tool

Ok so I got the car to run -_- thanks your all your help guys. But here is the weird part. The car will only run when I have the OBD2 scan tool plugged in and when I unplug the scan tool, the car dies. Can you guys help me out here????
Old 12-13-2013, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a classic case of "your wiring is fucked".
Old 12-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

My 2 cents.....Mine did the same thing this summer...Starts with flickering lights at start up..then lights gets worse...Then the A/C shutdown...Then the dash lit up like a XMAS tree...Time for an alternator...Go GM AC/Delco..All else are trash rebuilds..Or search the forum for using truck alternators if you need power for the stereo...

Quick Reply: Dashboard dancing/going crazy. HELP!