Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Hitch Receiver Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitch Receiver Question

So before anyone jumps to flaming me, I was not the one who purchased this. I already know how stupid it is to put a receiver on a Camaro.

Anyways, when I got my 02 Z28, it had a lightweight hitch receiver bolted on (http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2002_Chevrolet_Camaro.htm) and was told the previous owner only used it for a bike rack. Well, I took that **** off and I'd like to sell it on Craigslist, however I'm not 100% sure on compatibility.

Would it be 98-02 Camaro only, or LT1 models as well? Firebirds? I know these cars are all basically universal, but I'm just trying to know my stuff before I go and sell it.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:41 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd assume it'd fit any 93-02 Camaro/Firebird. You honestly might have a good shot at selling it to someone who races their car competitively. Some people can't afford a tow vehicle and trailer, so they buy a hitch and small trailer to carry their track tires on.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I'd assume it'd fit any 93-02 Camaro/Firebird. You honestly might have a good shot at selling it to someone who races their car competitively. Some people can't afford a tow vehicle and trailer, so they buy a hitch and small trailer to carry their track tires on.
I appreciate the very fast response haha.

That's a good point. Maybe I'll post it up for sale on here as well. Thank you.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the only tip I can give you is for a Trans Am it may not fit due to the different bumper cover on the rear. I had one of these on our 2K Trans Am and it worked great. We pulled a trailer that is normally pulled by a Gold Wing. It had a cooler on the front and we put extra wheels and drag radials in the trailer. Actually still have the hitch in the garage.

It will sale for sure.

N2

Quick Reply: Hitch Receiver Question