Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

02 z28 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 z28 won't start

Wouldnt start doesn't try to crank. Battery and relays replaced. Still nothing. All lights, locks everything works. No lights on dash. When I try to start it makes one loud click sound. Started earlier today randomly and once or twice after that. Tonight it tried to turn over then just started doing the click. Is this the starter?
Old 02-28-2014, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Is the security light on? The VATS system causing this? Do you have another key to try? Have you done the VATS resistor bypass or the bypass in the tune? sorry for the VATS questions, a lot of us has been through that before.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by RJDio
Is the security light on? The VATS system causing this? Do you have another key to try? Have you done the VATS resistor bypass or the bypass in the tune? sorry for the VATS questions, a lot of us has been through that before.
No security light. The only time I see it is when all the lights flash, stays on for a few seconds then goes off. Dont see it again. So I do not believe its my VATS system.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can jump a wire from the 12v post near your fuse boxes to the positive lead on your starter relay, I forget off the top of my head which one. anyway, it will crank the starter - make sure your car is out of gear with E brake on or in Park. Car won't run since no fuel is going to coil packs, but will let you know if starter will crank. If it does, problem may be in your ignition or key tumbler switch.

I jumpered my starter like above when I was troubleshooting my VATS. Previous owner had bypassed it with resistors, so I thought it was fixed. Well it wasn't. I pulled out his resistor mod and saw it had come apart a little so I made another with new resistors and soldered in right. then at tuner I had the VATS removed from software.
Good luck, I hate these kinds of problems when dead in the water

Quick Reply: 02 z28 won't start