Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

need help with 99 camaro manual to auto swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with 99 camaro manual to auto swap

Ok before you bash me for converting a manual ss camaro to a auto, i am a disabled vet and due to my back injury i have issues using a clutch.

But on to the car.
It is a 99 ss camaro with only 75,000 miles. Clean car fax, perfectly straight and almost perfect paint. Full edelbrock rear suspension, strange axles, eaton posi, bear drilled and slotted rotors with aftermarket pads, z06 rims with new nitto drag radials in the rear. Perfect interior. And some other goodies. All for $2000. I got a good friend lol.

The problem is, she was a manual and im putting in a 5.3 with a auto trans.
I bought a automatic ecm, and engine wiring harness, i have it all mounted up. But when i went to the junk yard to get a automatic shifter and cables, i noticed one connector goes to the trans, and one up under the steering column to a part that plugs into the wiring harness.

I got the cable and part, but theres no connector on my steering column for the part the cable attaches to. And i also do not have a conntor that connects to the shifter assembly like the car it came off of.(2000 camaro)

Am i going to have to replace the whole body harness and steering column? And also, i think im missing an electrical connector that goes on the side of the trans, is that on the body harness also?
Old 04-28-2014, 12:31 AM

Right now just ls1 intake, ported throttle body, f body drive setup, texas speed 1 7/8ths long tube headers.

I have a set of ls1 heads im having cnc ported with new valves and springs installed, ls6 intake im having portmatched to heads, and still debating on either a stock ls6 cam or one designed for nitrous.. i plan on running a 150 shot, and yes i will be installing arp head bolts, and a slightly thicker head gasket.
Attached Thumbnails need help with 99 camaro manual to auto swap-cam00026.jpg   need help with 99 camaro manual to auto swap-cam00000.jpg   need help with 99 camaro manual to auto swap-cam00019.jpg  
Old 04-28-2014, 08:39 PM

Any help?

Quick Reply: need help with 99 camaro manual to auto swap