Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Question Regarding SRS Airbag System

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question Regarding SRS Airbag System

I bought my 2001 Camaro SS a couple of years ago from a guy that had taken the front and rear bumpers out for weight savings, along with pretty much anything else he could. The problem was, instead of taking things like seats, interior parts, etc out, he took out safety equipment. The car had no rear seatbelts, no front or rear bumper supports, no windshield wipers, and he disabled the airbags

Now here is my question. I am now making the Camaro a daily driver, so I am going to replace the front and rear bumper supports and try to get the airbags hooked back up, The Airbag and service vehicle lights are driving me nuts. Now, I have the module and bracket that mounts under the console, and the driver and passenger airbags are still in the car. I just need to know what I need to hook back up to make it all work again. Is the center console module the only sensor that needs to be hooked back up, or are there any sensors on the front and rear bumpers for impact sensors etc?

Can anyone look at their front or rear bumpers and see if there are any sensors there? Any help will be appreciated. I hate fixing dumb things previous owners did...If you see anything there, pictures would be appreciated. Maybe a part number or something too?
Old 09-28-2014, 02:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump it up

Quick Reply: Question Regarding SRS Airbag System