Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Beginning of a journey with my 35th LE

Old 05-19-2015, 09:49 AM
GDL
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LE35TH
Here are some Hi-Def shots from this past Sunday out at the lake front. Hope you enjoy!

The 5th Gen Camaro is a buddy of mine, he just picked it up a week or so ago. It has the 1LE package, talk about a gorgeous car especially the color.

Awesome pics. Makes me want to meet up with other f body owners......
Old 05-19-2015, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GDL
Awesome pics. Makes me want to meet up with other f body owners......
Hey GDL, next time I plan on going out there with my dad and some friends from our neighborhood so that will be 5 fbodys total. An I could see everytime another fbody drove by they would slow down but there wasn't any spots left so hopefully next weekend or the following we can get a few more spots and get some more to park for a picture.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:49 AM
Launching!

So its been a while since I've last posted on here, mainly because I've been extremely busy with my internship and my second job an just cruising around in my car

I was finally able to get my hood and bumper stripes replaced. What a b@#ch to remove.......

The car actually really looked good without the stripes, but looks so much better with the new ones.

On the first hood stripe (passenger side) I did not watch the tutorial video and tried to install it dry and completely messed it up > I caused all kinds of wrinkles and bubbles......

I decided to push on using a soapy water mixture which worked out amazing and the drivers side hood stripe was a breeze.

I was able to finish the rest of the stripes without an issue and man does it finish off the car.

On another note my custom license came in!

Took the car for a ride after I finished the stripes an I just had to take a picture.

Cleaning up the backyard, don't mind the mess it looks a lot better now. But my car is officially covered!

Went out to the lakefront with my buddy and snapped a few quick photos.

Went to cars an coffee this past weekend, not much of a turn out but I got a pretty cool picture of my car lol.

Also got my new wheels and tires in too! Racestar 15x10 and 17x4.5

Mickey Thompson ET Streets 275/60r15 (I know 28s are gonna kill my times but I figure by the time I really get into the performance these tires should be worn out. I only had to buy 1 tire since we already had one laying around.)

Old 07-22-2015, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

^^ Let the floating begin* Nice build though!
Old 07-23-2015, 07:05 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
^^ Let the floating begin* Nice build though!
What do you mean floating?
Old 07-23-2015, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would imagine at stock ride height and those big cushiony tires that at highway speeds you may feel the rear start getting a little light, and move around.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:36 AM
Launching!

I would imagine at stock ride height and those big cushiony tires that at highway speeds you may feel the rear start getting a little light, and move around.
Oh gotcha, my dad has a 2000 Trans Am with the same tires and I've never noticed that feeling. The car is only a weekend toy, I wanted to go with a 26" tire but being that I had a 28 sitting at the house it just made sense to purchase 1 tire right now instead of 2. These tires probably wont see much track time, I purchased a set of racestars since they were on sale this month.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey,, cant blame ya then*
Old 07-23-2015, 07:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice job on the resto! Spent many nights and days our at the lakefront, lots of my friends hang out there too. Props!
Old 07-24-2015, 07:06 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Nice job on the resto! Spent many nights and days our at the lakefront, lots of my friends hang out there too. Props!
Thanks man! Do you still go out to the lakefront?
Old 12-22-2015, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Sorry long time no post! I haven't done much else to the car, I've just been enjoying cruising the car and going to shows and the lakefront with friends. Here are some pictures of the car with my pops TA

Then we ran into a problem and the transmission in the TA decided it had enough and 3rd and 4th didnt wanna work anymore so we swapped the trans and was good for about 2 weeks then that one lost 2nd.

We have another trans to go in this one will be a built 4l60e with manual valve body, will hopefully last a long time.

FINALLY!!!!!! I got tires for my front wheels lol, I found a pair on ebay and went to bid on them with 5minutes left and ebay had a glitch and they sold for $110 for a pair...... I was so mad I didn't get them.

So fast forward about 2 months and my buddy calls me saying hes going to pick up a set of rear weld rts from a guy off craigslist and he has two 26x7x17 (or whatever the actual size is) Hoosier front runners and he wants $200 for the pair which is a killer deal since they are $200 ea plus shipping. They still had the nipples on them.

Ended up getting them mounted and balanced but was leaving the following morning to go hunting in Missouri so the mount up would have to wait till i returned from there.

Finally got them on the car and fell in love again! Changes the whole look to me.

Last picture I took of the car recently, went to the lakefront with my buddy in his 5th Gen 1LE.

My buddy with the 1LE is a part time professional photographer so the day after Christmas we are planning to go to downtown New Orleans early in the morning to get some really nice pics of my car. I'll post those as soon as I get them!
Old 12-22-2015, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

Looks good! It's cool that you and your dad both like f-bodies. What has he done to his TA?
Old 12-22-2015, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nathan C
Looks good! It's cool that you and your dad both like f-bodies. What has he done to his TA?
His is a 2001 TA mods include:

lq4 sbe
243 heads milled and p&p
ls6 intake
LT and ORY
224/224-569/569 @112 (TINY CAM, swapping very soon)
3600 Precision Converter
Built 4l60e (usto be..... will now have a built manual valve body 4l60e with vigilante 3600 nitrous converter)
Moser 12 bolt with 4.10s.
Founders Rear Suspension (going to adjustable and viking coil overs soon as well)

Ran a best time of 11.2.

Putting a 200 shot of nitrous on it over the winter, so we will see what it goes next.
Old 12-22-2015, 08:51 PM
11 Second Club

Killer work man you have really turned that car around! I'm glad to see an le back to what it should be.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Even though the 35th ten spokes are a great looking wheel ,, she looks really good with the current setup. Props again for resurrecting another piece of American hotrod history*
Old 12-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KyleLanter
Killer work man you have really turned that car around! I'm glad to see an le back to what it should be.
Thanks KyleLanter! This has been such a fun car to work on and own. There's definitely alot more to come real soon

Even though the 35th ten spokes are a great looking wheel ,, she looks really good with the current setup. Props again for resurrecting another piece of American hotrod history*
I do love the 35th Anniversary wheels and still have them. I'm actually in the process of polishing the black inserts on them because they were a little dull for my liking. Once I get pics of them I'll post them up.

To respond to your previous post about floating, I haven't really noticed anything i would call floating. I have noticed that the car seems to ride better but I'm going to attribute that to the increase in sidewall the 28's give.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I also think that the MagnaFlow exhaust looks really good. Ive always liked the all pipe look over the added tips. I have the GMMG with Corsa clones and I cant bring myself to rid of it just for that appearance because it does sound really good, without cutout open or closed.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:25 AM
Launching!

Here are some more pictures that I've found and meant to post yesterday.

One thing that we picked up a couple months ago that I was really excited for some reason was a car trailer. Been planning to make a trip to the drag strip to get a baseline for the car before I start some performance upgrades.

So in my hometown one day I was coming home from work and saw a 35th LE going the opposite way and immediately thought my younger brother had taken my car out, so I got kind of pissed because I'm only carrying liability insurance on the car since I don't have alot of money invested in it and I only drive it on nice days. Turns out it wasn't him or my car so now I was curious......... I kept my eye out every day looking for this car and its owner and could never find them, I was kinda bummed.

So one day I happened to drive my car to work and stopped at the gas station next to my subdivision on the way home from work and when I walked out I saw this! I had to do a double take lol. He saw my car and pulled in looking for me, ended up getting his info so we could cruise out to the lakefront soon to hangout with our LE's.

I've also joined a local car club called, "The Ragin Bowties" it was strictly a Camaro only club and since joining I've gotten them to open up to allowing firebirds/trans ams as well. The following picture is from our cruise to Houma for a car show. Our club is spread out from Lafayette all the way to Slidell so we try to go to shows everyone can make it too.

The following three pictures are from our cruise out to the lakefront. We met in Houma and cruised to New Orleans. We ended up having a caravan of about 15 cars and had a great turn out.

Just to give a little teaser of things to come. So earlier on in my thread I posted about the headers sitting on the k-member well I ordered poly motor mounts and have decided I'm going to replace the LT since it will make changing the mounts easier and if I'm going to have it all apart I may as well. I will also be installing a Precision converter that's stalled at 3600rpms. Its the original converter out of my pops TA. So it will be a fun winter
Old 12-23-2015, 09:30 AM
Launching!

I also think that the MagnaFlow exhaust looks really good. Ive always liked the all pipe look over the added tips. I have the GMMG with Corsa clones and I cant bring myself to rid of it just for that appearance because it does sound really good, without cutout open or closed.
I actually have a CME tip and valance that will be going on once I get the valance repainted. I love the sound of the magnaflow but I don't care for the magnaflow tips, from the side it reminds me of a truck with big chrome tips.... From the rear I like the big 3" tip but when I walk up from the side and can see the 1.5-2' of chrome sticking from under the car I just don't like it.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Funny. I actually have the same thing coming from 6LE along with the CF sail panel. I plan a whole new look for this spring. Oem SS hood, probably 98-02 SS oem spoiler, and a set of hydro dipped(real oem) ZR1's along with the aforementioned exhaust. Then I think I will stop for awhile. Then maybe on to a twin turbo setup,, who knows**

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beginning of a journey with my 35th LE