Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

LS1 slave cylinder quick disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 slave cylinder quick disconnect

So my clutch is wanting to stay on the floor right now if I pull it up by hand and put it in gear it engages instantly when I start to let off the clutch. I'm hoping new master cylinder, fresh fluid, and drill mod will get me going again. However, I keep reading about the quick disconnect and to just push the white plastic piece in and pull the line out. It looks like my plastic piece is there although dirty but also appears to be pushed in already. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Old 10-07-2015, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

I breezed through pulling my trans until I got to that "quick disconnect".

I ended up disconnecting the line from the CMC to get the trans out after ******* with that thing forever. Once I had it out and could get a good look at it, it's really very simple. There's a metal clip that goes in one side and out the other. You have to get it centered (not too far in or out) spread the two prongs that stick out a little bit and pull the line out. Sounds more complex than it is.

I didn't have the plastic piece, but I assume it slips in to properly center that clip.

I should take little effort to get it out. Doesn't need to be manhandled.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Captain Slow
I breezed through pulling my trans until I got to that "quick disconnect".

I ended up disconnecting the line from the CMC to get the trans out after ******* with that thing forever. Once I had it out and could get a good look at it, it's really very simple. There's a metal clip that goes in one side and out the other. You have to get it centered (not too far in or out) spread the two prongs that stick out a little bit and pull the line out. Sounds more complex than it is.

I didn't have the plastic piece, but I assume it slips in to properly center that clip.

I should take little effort to get it out. Doesn't need to be manhandled.
Thank you. I will have another look at it tomorrow.

Quick Reply: LS1 slave cylinder quick disconnect