Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Blown 6 Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blown 6 Cylinder

Well this car has been done for two years now and took a little over a year I wasn't really familiar with ls tech at all until I got my race car and now that I've gotten plenty of help with that camaro I figured Id post about my first build...

First off this is no LS and not the most powerful car in the world I built this car to be different. I like knowing I have something that a lot of people do not have. This Camaro I decided to go a little different route... Long story short I repainted the car all apart two days later after a month or so of doing body work and painting the motor blew up. Parked the car ran across a motor a couple months later that was supercharged 3.8 no this is not a Grand Prix stock BS this was a centrifugal supercharger and it had a "plate kit" on it as well just a throttle body spacer basically with nitrous solenoids and lines. Well 2 days later I Ended up with the sucker.

It started off really ugly looking but I did a bit of cleaning up...

well after cleaning it up a bit it was time to decide what kinda suspension to put under this thing & I chose Spohn full tubular k member (including control arms upper and lower) Qa1 coilovers, I got everything from Hawks Third Gen guy named Kyle helped me out a ton with a lot of parts I needed. Great people great customer service.

Now that the motor and suspension was ready to be put in its time to see the finished product!

Now that the motor was in we had to literally re do the whole wiring harness just about it was a total nightmare, keep hearing a awful clunk though it was the throw out bearing put literally 5 clutches in i swear. Finally went and got it tuned anyways. Come back knew we had the car tuned but knew we had a real problem basically what ended up happening was the thrust bearings wore out needed new crank and bearings. This go around we went through the motor realized it had a lot of port work down to the intake and heads had beefed up valves valve springs and also not a stock cam either. Pistons were much bigger than stock so ended up getting new crank and getting whole motor internally balanced. Rolled the new motor in there and now it was time to make sure the rear end and drive shaft would hold up... Kyle again from Hawks Third Generation really hooked us up with a 10 bolt with 3:73 gears and Posi. I also went with coil overs for the rear.

Tons and tons of work went into this car to get it to where it is today & I'm sure you are wondering well whats the outside look like so here ya go

I have tons and tons of pictures of this build but this is just a real brief showing of all the work done to the car, the car took almost two years to fully be complete. I still work on the car to this day here and there. Car is an absolute blast I really enjoy the car I don't get it out much at all Ive taken it a handful of places and have had people all over it and can't believe the setup. This was my ultimate goal to be unique and have something a bit different. Hope you enjoy!
Old 10-12-2015, 01:19 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Definitely a unique and wild setup way off the beaten path! Congratulations on beautiful appearance and detailing work and what appears to be top notch mechanical and suspension builds! There's a guy on the Firebird forum who also has been doing a V6 build, possibly less exotic than yours.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

That was exactly how I wanted to do my V6 when I had it! Awesome looking car, mad props dude.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice and clean, gotta love having more V6's represented.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WarShrike
Nice and clean, gotta love having more V6's represented.
Thanks man glad to see you are representing the strong 3.8 also. people under estimate the performance and quality you can get from them, I have a drag car with LT1 and another stock Z28 with 50k miles love these cars no matter what the drive train I respect any build.
Old 10-14-2015, 07:23 PM
Teching In

This is awesome! Its awesome to see the 3.8L get some love every once in awhile! What kind of numbers does this make? Ever run it down a track?
Old 10-14-2015, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NikolaCop
This is awesome! Its awesome to see the 3.8L get some love every once in awhile! What kind of numbers does this make? Ever run it down a track?
Its never been down the track I have a race car for that.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Looks good! Any thoughts on how long the T5 will last?
Old 10-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lsfanatic
Looks good! Any thoughts on how long the T5 will last?
Im pretty easy on the car and honestly don't drive it much hopefully I won't have a problem with it!

Quick Reply: Blown 6 Cylinder